REALLY?

Thanks for the adapter Surly, but still crank problems + feedback

First off, thanks a million for the adaptor (while its beefer then the stock one I destroyed, it still needs to way more beefer for the day to day touring I do - a solid plate adapter). Still having problems with crankset, can't get self-extracting nut tight enough to hold when I back the smaller inner tightening bolt, instead the self extracting nut stripped. Do you happen to make a steel deeper version of the extracting nut? Nevermind actually, you probably don't...I don't think this is the crankset for me. I need something way stronger with stronger components. Thanks. Damage to cups from disintegrating adapter. At bike shop now working on my bike, ordering new crankset today, be in tomarow.
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

get down!
    you are zi hamfist!
    Rudy Projects look ridiculous

visit my blog, BEATS, BIKES & LIFE

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    what is it like being a Sasquatch?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Next time you're going to use a hammer on something, don't pick up Mjöllnir

REALLY?
    Hammer? Why the heck would I use a hammer, its a allen-bolt, not a nail...I work at the bike shop bubba, we have all the proper tools, that I can assure you. Anyway...whatever, Surly tried to improve on a design that really didn't need fixin', sorry, they failed imho, these cranks are junk and I'm moving on.
    Last edited by jeffgothro; 04-18-2011 at 06:02 AM.
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."