mtbr member
    Feb 2013

Surly Trailer Owners

Any cool customized Bill and Teds out there?

How are you storing your trailer when you're not using it (him)? Do you remove the tongue/yoke (yolk)?
    Last edited by Trilancing; 02-16-2013 at 01:03 PM.

mtbr member

Bill

I saw this Bill here in Portland. It also had a sound system. I've seen a few others around town but nothing else with any customization that stuck out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Surly Trailer Owners-bill.jpg  

All good expeditions should be simple in concept, difficult in their execution and satisfying to remember--Alastair Humphreys

KMRIA

Surly Bill Trailer Mod

I don't know if it is cool but pics of my modifications are below...nothing too sophisticated, I just needed it to act as my pick up truck. I think something lighter than the plywood would be beneficial...it is pretty heavy...not sure what that would be though. The floor is heavy gauge expanded metal (aluminum).

The right and left sides of the trailer slide in and out in a channel (no tools). They are split so it can have high walls (shown), lower walls or completely open on the sides...the front and rear are bolted in place.

Surly Trailer Owners-surlytrailer.jpg
    Surly Trailer Owners-p8223871_edited-1.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Both of those Bills are REALLY COOL! Thanks for sharing. I'm trying to get ideas for my little guy, Ted. I started using some not-too-thick plywood, but it got heavy fast.