Thread: Surly Sale

mtbr member
    Jul 2014

Surly Sale

Blog | Surly Bikes
    30% off select models and sizes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Thank you for this. Thinking about an ICT. Was gonna stop by the LBS on my way home from work today to get my wife new tires. That shop just happens to be a Surly dealer.

"Oh you wanted me to grab new tires? Thought you said a new fat bike."
    2015 Trek Farley 6
    2009 Fuji Cross Comp
    2001 Schwinn Frontier SS

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    ^Do it!! Bring Ter-Bear some Surly Brew as a hint. It might be a really good idea to make him an offer on a bike he has in inventory...you might be able to get a killer, and I mean KILLER deal on existing inventory.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonshonda View Post
    ^Do it!! Bring Ter-Bear some Surly Brew as a hint. It might be a really good idea to make him an offer on a bike he has in inventory...you might be able to get a killer, and I mean KILLER deal on existing inventory.
    Hmmmm, good call. Not sure what he has in stock for Surly. I'd really like to ride an ICT; it seems to have the closest geo to my Monkey. Gonna stop by anyway.
    2015 Trek Farley 6
    2009 Fuji Cross Comp
    2001 Schwinn Frontier SS

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by tyriverag View Post
    Hmmmm, good call. Not sure what he has in stock for Surly. I'd really like to ride an ICT; it seems to have the closest geo to my Monkey. Gonna stop by anyway.
    hmmm,totally different bikes in my opinion,beyond the tire size difference,but both equally fun,both are awesome fun bikes...

i got my ICTops during the winter sale...got the original bike of 1080! of course that got thrown out the window after adding a bluto,1x11 xt,turbine cinch crank,and 29+ wheelset but originally it was cheap!

mtbr member
    The geos seem to be similar though. Might just add a bluto to my Farley 6 instead.
    2015 Trek Farley 6
    2009 Fuji Cross Comp
    2001 Schwinn Frontier SS

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    i really like the bluto on my ict...

i dunno,those numbers can be deceiving,and looking at both bikes sitting in the kitchen the head tube is way slacker on the ict,on the trails the km is more nimble but when you get the ict pointed downhill it would smoke the km...in tight techy stuff the km is better,wide open and fast i give the ict the edge...

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Almost went complete ICT, but already have a Wednesday frameset I'm building up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    What is the sale price on ICT, anyone know?

mtbr member
    30% off. I think the MSRP is $2700 or $2400.
    2015 Trek Farley 6
    2009 Fuji Cross Comp
    2001 Schwinn Frontier SS

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    He has some salsas in stock I KNOW he wants to move. Might not have the ICT geo, but worth a ride/look.

mtbr member
    Anyone find out what the actual sale percentages are? Surly's blog says "up to 30%", and I'm most curious about the KM ops.
    2015 Surly Ice Cream Truck
    2016 Surly Ogre

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cassa89 View Post
    Anyone find out what the actual sale percentages are? Surly's blog says "up to 30%", and I'm most curious about the KM ops.
    KM Ops is 20% off, no XL in stock.

mtbr member
    Why don't they just list the sale prices like they did with the fat bike winter sale? Saying that's it's up to 30% off and then not telling me what that actually means isn't going to get me to rush to the bike shop. Why the secrecy?
    He who dares....wins!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cassa89 View Post
    The Krampus is about 1300 and the Ops is about 1400. I don't know which one to get.

It will be easier to add a 30 tooth ring to the regular Krampus than to the Ops with the Surly OD crank. I am somewhat worried about climbing with this beast.
    Surly Ogre
    Marin Pine Mountain 1

Next...something with squish

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    wolf tooth makes a chainring that fits the od cranks...they are pretty decent cranksets all things considered,i only got rid of the one on the ICT because it was 180mm and all my other bikes have 175mm crankarms and it was causing a weird pain...

yeah,i got the moonlit swamp krampus because i liked the color,but would have preferred the ops frame except of course it being surly you cant buy the bloody dropout chips anywhere! anyway,a moot point in the end since the standard drops take a derailleur and singlespeed is a breeze to set up...a thru axle chip would be nice,but ive never had wheel wander on mine....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hamsterspam View Post
    yeah,i got the moonlit swamp krampus because i liked the color,but would have preferred the ops frame except of course it being surly you cant buy the bloody dropout chips anywhere!
    This is killing me. Built some new wheels but I'm waiting on the chips. Looks like the end of May might be the time the thru axle chips will be showing up.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    dont get me wrong,i love surly frames,i have 5 of them,but the whole small parts and tire thing is extremely frustrating....
    crazy idea surly,maybe try not advertising products that dont exist yet!

mtbr member
    The Krampus with a 30 toot ring up front? Any thought? Or The Ops with a Granny Gear added plus a derailer and shifter...more money ugh!
    Surly Ogre
    Marin Pine Mountain 1

Next...something with squish

mtbr member
    Yeah, I don't get it. It's the same with the 8-pack and 24-pack racks. Not sure why they are having a sale on bikes. Apparently it might be sometime till the new Krampus comes out.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Afun View Post
    The Krampus with a 30 toot ring up front? Any thought? Or The Ops with a Granny Gear added plus a derailer and shifter...more money ugh!
    i run a 32 up front and a wide range 10 speed on the back,plenty of hills around here but i barely ever use the 42 tooth cog unless im being lazy

Quote Originally Posted by bikepunk13 View Post
    Yeah, I don't get it. It's the same with the 8-pack and 24-pack racks. Not sure why they are having a sale on bikes. Apparently it might be sometime till the new Krampus comes out.
    its one thing for them to say "we have these products in r&d" and another for them to put it up on the site as though they actually existed in a buy-able form..im looking at you stainless drop stop chainring...and having spec parts from their complete builds unavailable...
    good thing i have my quiver of surly frames already...with 5 frames ranging from a straggler to an ICT i should be able to indulge my mad parts lust and be able to build up a bike for any totally silly little micro category....

mtbr member
    FWIW, I talked to my LBS and the ICT is $1800 now. Sweet deal, too rich for my blood right now.
    2015 Trek Farley 6
    2009 Fuji Cross Comp
    2001 Schwinn Frontier SS

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I am really tempted to get an XS Instigator 2.0 for the wife. Don't know if she would like the color though.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Now there's a sale on Frames:

Get Rad on the Cheap | Blog | Surly Bikes

Moonlander
    Pugsley
    ECR
    Krampus
    Ice Cream Truck
    Instigator frames

Ship with Rolling Darryls or Rabbit Holes, Instigators also come with Dirt Wizards

Anybody interested? I wonder what the prices and availability are?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ETChipotle View Post
    Now there's a sale on Frames:

Get Rad on the Cheap | Blog | Surly Bikes

Moonlander
    Pugsley
    ECR
    Krampus
    Ice Cream Truck
    Instigator frames

Ship with Rolling Darryls or Rabbit Holes, Instigators also come with Dirt Wizards

Anybody interested? I wonder what the prices and availability are?
    I think the "sale" is that the frames come with rims. The blog post actually never mentions discounted prices.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    WOW! Great deal. Normally the deals Surly have been pushing out in the last couple of years don't hit the UK.
    Just been in touch with Charlie the Bikemonger and this one actually might make it over here! May be an ECR coming in my direction pretty soon!

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    from what i saw on universal the prices are lightly discounted but the rims sort of make up for that...limited sizes on most of the frames,very few left for most...

mtbr member
    At this years Forth Fat Fatbike Gathering it was way more than half Surly bike domination!. Most new bikes were recent purchases from the discounted deals,
    ICT`s ICT Ops, Pugslsey and Pugsley Ops, SS Pugs along with 6 Wednesdays
    plan it...build it....ride it...love it....
    http://coastkid.blogspot.com/

Stubby-legged
    Jun 2006
    Never mind the color....the Instagator rips!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by EssexBoyUK View Post
    WOW! Great deal. Normally the deals Surly have been pushing out in the last couple of years don't hit the UK.
    Just been in touch with Charlie the Bikemonger and this one actually might make it over here! May be an ECR coming in my direction pretty soon!
    They must have read your post. Unfortunately there is an edit at the end of the blog that says USA dealers only
    He who dares....wins!

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    They must have read your post. Unfortunately there is an edit at the end of the blog that says USA dealers only
    Bastards! That definitely wasn't there yesterday. Will see what Charlie comes back with anyway. A pair of Rabbit Holes are £250 in the UK (around $360) so would have been a huge saving.

mtbr member
    Every time i have imported Surly stuff from the USA even with import tax it still works out cheaper than UK prices, use Bikeman USA
    plan it...build it....ride it...love it....
    http://coastkid.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by bikepunk13 View Post
    KM Ops is 20% off, no XL in stock.
    Anyone know if this is still in effect? I'm thinking a second KM might be nice.

mtbr member
    It sure is.

mtbr member
    Is this sale still happening? I called my local Surly dealer and they weren't aware of any sale. Granted they don't stock Surly, it's special order for them.

Also is the Karate Monkey Ops/MDS frame on sale or the complete build only?
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Still some small and medium complete KM Ops available at 20% off. Frame sets are not included in the sale.
    Jason
    Disclaimer: www.paramountsports.net

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by RacerLex View Post
    Is this sale still happening? I called my local Surly dealer and they weren't aware of any sale. Granted they don't stock Surly, it's special order for them.

Also is the Karate Monkey Ops/MDS frame on sale or the complete build only?
    What size frame are you looking for?