Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 333940414243
Results 2,101 to 2,111 of 2111

Thread: surly ogre

Not really fixed.
    Feb 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by ETChipotle View Post
    Looks like the new fork for the Krampus might be compatible with the 2015 Ogre, but a bit pricey at $185 to lose the v brake dooley bobbers and go through axle
    It's also got a 15mm longer a2c.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    You're right, I was remembering the wrong size A2C for Ogre. This one's too long

Did I catch a niner+?
    Just ordered a new 2017 Medium Ogre Frameset which I will have next week. Anyone interested in the older style medium Ogre I will sell for $400 (will include frame, fork and headset) and will include the Surly Revelate framebag for an extra $50. Pm me.

Mr. Krabs: Is it true, Squidward? Is it hilarious?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    What are you hoping to gain MrPink57?

Didn't I read you need a larger rear hub for wider spacing?

Did I catch a niner+?
    Quote Originally Posted by rifraf View Post
    What are you hoping to gain MrPink57?

Didn't I read you need a larger rear hub for wider spacing?
    Its Gnot Boost it will fit a 135, I am hoping to gain more bag space inside the frame and enjoy non suspension corrected frames a lot more.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pink57 View Post
    Its Gnot Boost it will fit a 135, I am hoping to gain more bag space inside the frame and enjoy non suspension corrected frames a lot more.
    While there are aspects of the new Ogre which are appealing, i don't know that it really offers that much more bag space. Have you compared them?
    All good expeditions should be simple in concept, difficult in their execution and satisfying to remember--Alastair Humphreys

mtbr member
    In the past couple of hours since my previous post I went out and purchased an XL Ogre frame. I'll be swapping over everything from my L Krampus--1x9 drivetrain, RH rims with ETs, Jones bars, etc. My Krampus just felt a little small. I'm a bit anxious about the sizing. I do have an XL BD so I have two reference points. I just fall between sizes. I just wasn't hitting up enough singletrack where I was putting the Krampus to good use. I'll likely use the Ogre as a do it all kid hauler, commuter, dirt road rambler and bike camping machine. I like than I can put a rear rack on it.

I recently sold a bike and will be likely selling off the Krampus frame so I'll still only be at 4 bikes which is good. Earlier this year I had been close to pulling the trigger on a Wed that I was going to set-up for trail riding with a dropper and a suspension fork but realized it just wouldn't see enough use.

I should have the frame set-up and rolling in about a week and a half.
    All good expeditions should be simple in concept, difficult in their execution and satisfying to remember--Alastair Humphreys

mtbr member

XL ponderings.

So I woke up excited about my new XL Ogre but also a little anxious about sizing. I'll be curious what it feels like on singletrack, especially technical or steep trails although it shouldn't see too much use like that. Here's pictures of my XL BD and L Krampus for reference. Anyone have any thoughts?

surly ogre-bdw244.jpgsurly ogre-img_0116.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    me personally i dont much care for the way the ogre handles on the trails,of course i never really had it set up for that but the older models at least are fairly stiff until loaded with racks and such...but having seen the prototype Cass had and hearing his experience with it maybe the newer models will handle singletrack better...

as far as the fit,it seems like its just a matter of finding the right stem length and such to adjust the cockpit,i have an xxl ogre,xl krampus,xl km,xxl ICT,and 64cm cross check and straggler and as different as they all are they all fit well...

mtbr member
    May 2017

New Ogre

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I picked up my 2017 Ogre this afternoon and my first impression is very good. I originally went out to buy a Salsa Fargo in February then I rode a 2016 Ogre that was in the shop and immediately preferred it due to my MTB background and lack of familiarity with drop bars. A few days after putting down my deposit the 2017s were announced so I decided to wait mainly due to the ability to clear larger tires/fit 27.5+, and updated frame details. I'm happy I waited (it was not easy), I like the color and to my shock I love the handlebar on my short ride. I need to tweak a few things here and there but for my purposes (general exploration, errand running, bikepacking, and baby hauling) this is the perfect setup.

surly ogre-ogre.jpg

For those of you wondering and to add an action pic to this thread, it wheelies well too!

surly ogre-ogre-wheelie.jpg

Did I catch a niner+?
    Any pics of the Gnot boost? Does your ET look like a fender would fit with it all the way forward? I will pick my frame up next week.

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 333940414243