Stubby-legged
    Jun 2006

Stubby legs + big Dummy

If there is any bike that would steer me away from my lime 1x1...this would be it....

A 650b Big Dummy.

Being 5'3', with 28in legs (Too much info?), I gotta wonder if the sizing would work? Top tube is way more important but, with the load carrying ability this bike has, stand over has to be considered.

How about some input?

mtbr member
    The BD was designed for 26" wheels. Given your short legs why bother trying to fit in bigger wheels?

And I am a 650B fan so not questioning the wheel size beyond the fact 26" wheels work great on a BD and you really don't need a taller bike.

Just fit 2.35" Big Apples to the BD if you want a taller wheel and a comfortable ride.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

Stubby-legged
    Jun 2006
    Good point Vik. Why re-invent the wheel. Gotta move a couple of bikes to make room for a BD. The tandem we never ride, the 96er that hangs from the rafters...since the Pugs and 907's, we don't ride anything else.

Stubby-legged
    Jun 2006
    Why am I drawn to the "oddball" bikes? And despite the pressure that my LBS puts on....why do I like the "weird" bikes...First the 1x1, then the Pugs, after that, the 907...now the Big dummy. Where does it all lead?

Unhinged Aussie on a 29er
    Quote Originally Posted by 1spd1way View Post
    Why am I drawn to the "oddball" bikes? And despite the pressure that my LBS puts on....why do I like the "weird" bikes...First the 1x1, then the Pugs, after that, the 907...now the Big dummy. Where does it all lead?
    To a stable of awesome bikes.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1spd1way View Post
    I get you I'm a darn weirdo too, and another 5'3" one at that! I bought a Salsa that looks like a 1970's road bike just so sometimes I can ride something halfway normal looking so I can lock it up and be confident it will be there when I get back. I also have a Trek Transport cargo bike, a Pugsley Necro, and a Surly Conundrum unicycle.

Yup, not normal, and all mine!