Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Finally pulled the trigger and ordered an ogre frame today. Gonna use parts off my instigator and wheels off of my steamroller until I get some 29er wheels.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I'm on the way to the LBS to pick up a new black Ogre.......The girlfriend is driving. She wanted to know if I was happier about her or the bike. She already knew the answer.

Pickin' n' Grinnin'
    Finished with the build...except for some lights.

mtbr member
    That is awesome!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Hi guys, first post, go easy on me!!! Got an 18" Ogre last year, mainly for bikepacking. Set up 2x9 at the moment. 1st 29er and really like it, so much so that I am thinking of getting a Karate Monkey as well and running it singlespeed, although will have to run something like 32x20 in the beginning as I live in the Italian Alps.

Great forum, read a lot last year before deciding on the Ogre. Already planning a few weekends away with the Ogre, but have to wait a while as this year the snow is plentiful (more fun on the snowboard!)

mtbr noob
    Just got the tracking number on my new Eggplant Troll enroute.
    Been ordering parts that won't make the swapover from the butcher.
    Also ordered parts to convert to singlespeed. Going with a Brooks Flyer saddle. That's the only heavy item in the bunch. Shorter DJ stem (50mm) Hope front hub so I can switch back and forth between the Manitou Minute and the rigid forks. Previously I had the 650b wheelset built up with a shimano 20mm T/A and the Hopes come with a conversion kit to go between my mtb setup and my townie s/s.
    roxo56
    Surly Troll
    SC Butcher

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    So...which Surly are you getting for 2013?-205653_10151381822589318_536022746_n.jpg

And here she is, another Ogre in the family. This one set up with a Rohloff, and a supernova hub and light set. The front rack is local sf made. The rear is a tubus with a light mount. Rode it to work today for the first time. I'm super happy with the way it turned out. And I can finally haul a load on a bike without it driving all over the place by itself (like my trek 520 used to do). The bags are Jeremy Cleaveland custom. Running big apples right now but looking for traction tires for some more fun.

Cheers,

Ken
    Last edited by kgreen6901; 01-31-2013 at 08:38 PM. Reason: fixing attachment

mtbr member
    Last edited by sasquatch rides a SS; 02-03-2013 at 06:56 AM.

mtbr noob
    Fedex delivery dude left me a little toy on the porch today. Couldn't wait to pop the staples on that shipping container. Love that eggplant purple !
    Going to need a new headset though. The Chris King gold I was going to try to fit aint even close. Weight weenies, this is for you if you care. 20" Surly Troll frame is 2710 grams with the seatpost clamp attached. Troll forks are 1190 grams. About what I guessed. Beautiful weld quality and Paint was very good too. So far so good.
    roxo56
    Surly Troll
    SC Butcher

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Hey there,
    Any ideas where to start looking for answers as to why a Necromancer I ordered the first week of Dec. still hasn't arrived at my local bike shop in the northest (Upstate NY). It was expected by end of Dec. but nada so far. Too bad too because the snow we had was lost in this past weeks record-setting warmth (56 degrees). First time here at the forums, so navigating through is still a tad cumbersome. Looking forward to the bike. We have such variable conditions I figured the Necro was ideal for all of the oddball weather/terrain that now seems to be the norm. It used to be summers were dry and warm and winters were snowy and cold. No mo...

mtbr member
    Necs are somewhat abundant right now... not sure why you are having such delays. Did you order from a local bike shop?

mtbr member
    I have a 2013 Moonlander coming in next week. Upgrade from a 2008 Pugsley. Can't wait to get it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Yes. Not a little hole in the wall shop either. I looked online and I'm not seeing any available so I thought maybe there was a production issue, but that wouldn't square with your "Necs are somewhat abundant" comment. Maybe I'll just have to press the bike shop for a coherent answer. At least I have my Fisher mtb with studded tires to play with.

Pickin' n' Grinnin'
    Nice Krampus Sasquatch!

Ride as good as the hype?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by btl68 View Post
    Nice Krampus Sasquatch!

Ride as good as the hype?
    Absolutely! I've only had it in snow and ice but it hooks up great and just wants to keep rolling. I've been messing with different tire pressures a lot with the snow and ice and it's awesome to have the ability to run low pressures for float, but also fill them up and it rolls like a 29'er. I am pretty impatient for some nice tacky trails and warmer weather to see what the Krampus can really do.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Did a trade show last week here in the UK, 2 years ago they tried to sell me a Pug, i went KM, this year they try to sell me Krampus....tempted by a front wheel for the KM.
    They take all the pedals off the show bikes to stop us jumping on and racing down the corridors, out the door, sling the bike in the boot of the car and zip off, well maybe if they didn't know where i live.

Took some photos of the Krampus, Pug, KM, Ogre, curious on a Krampus as it sits between full fat and 29er, makes more sense for what i have to ride on.

They didn't have any stickers so i had to rough it with a Krampus t-shirt, swapped for some unique hard to find booze, so even though i don't have a krampus bike to ride, i sort of have Krampus to ride with me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails So...which Surly are you getting for 2013?-081.jpg  

So...which Surly are you getting for 2013?-078.jpg  

So...which Surly are you getting for 2013?-001.jpg  

So...which Surly are you getting for 2013?-099.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Buying my first surly this month. Surly 1x1! Building an urban assault vehicle. The process of the build is so freaking fun. Trying to decide between 26in p35's or 26in marge lite. With only .68 lb difference between the too it's such a hard decision. To large imprint the city or not to!

troll
    First post for me! Glad to be here (long time lurker).

I'm building an 18" Troll for 2013. My first mtn bike in almost 20 years. This will bring my total Surly stable to 5; adding to my 1x1 (dedicated polo bike), two LHTs (one is my wife's), and my daily ride, my Big Dummy. Proud to be a firm believer in the cult of Surly.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    just got a fresh 2013 necro pugs

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Hi everyone. I just finished building my first bike, a 2013 blue Karate Monkey. Once i get my post count up i'll put up some pics.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch rides a SS View Post
    [Krampus]
    A man of his word! You did it! I love it when a thread comes to fruition. Congrats on such a unique ride. Those fork legs go forever. 1x9 drivetrain?

My '13 Surly is a Black Ogre. The Krampus is just a little too huge for me, although it was tempting.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Planning to go to the lbs tomorrow morning to buy a Cross-Check SS to go along with my KM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I'm looking into getting a new cross-check later this year... thinking of building a geared bike up in the Blark Due SS color.

mtbr member
    I want an SS/fixed commuter and something to train on for SS xc. I'm going to be getting either an SS cross check or a steamroller. I'm still a little undecided and short on funds. My plan is to start commuting in spring so I have a couple of months to work it out.
    Ill be sure to post up some pics.
    Ride Bikes
    Drink Beer

mtbr member
    Sold my truck and ordered a Pugsley last week. This will make Surly number two for me!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast