Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by evandy View Post
    Oh, man... now I have choices. Ended up with enough extra disposable cash to maybe afford a 2nd nice bike beyond the Dummy I have on order. I'd LOVE to replace my POS commuter bike that I had slated to replace in spring/summer next year. I'm thinking of a CC or LHT. Any thoughts/suggestions?
    Being that you have a Dummy coming, I'd definitely say CC so you can have a 'sporty' bike. The LHT is amazing but it's a utility-based bike. The CC will do great with a rear rack and light pannier load for commuting duties
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lostboyscout | www.beerscout.ca
    Knolly Chilcotin | Surly Long Haul Trucker

mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Robin's egg blue CC

Building this one as a commuter with occasional touring duty. Mostly 105, with some VO silver parts. Retro look with all silver components. Been fun trying to track down silver components.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by esundell90 View Post
    Damn, this sucks, I was thinking about contacting them to see if I could get a frameset.

I might just get teh complete tho, but either way this bike is gonna be friggin cool. can't wait!
    My LBS encouraged me to order early... so I ordered the complete Krampus as soon as they were taking pre-orders. This was back in September.
    Talked with the shop the other day and the pre-orders are sold out. You may want to check with your local shop now and see if they can still get.
    Mine is to arrive in March. *sigh* I hate waiting.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by LostBoyScout View Post
    Being that you have a Dummy coming, I'd definitely say CC so you can have a 'sporty' bike. The LHT is amazing but it's a utility-based bike. The CC will do great with a rear rack and light pannier load for commuting duties
    Agree, CC or Pacer if you've already got a Dummy

mtbr member

Necromancer

I don't know if this counts, since I just got it and it's still 2012...But, I just purchased a "New" Necromancer.

Cheesiest
    I'm really thinking about an Ogre. I just built up a Voodoo Bokor 29er, because I thought I wanted an Al frame. Should have gone with the Ogre! I miss steel!

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I really like the idea of building an eggplant troll with 650b wheels!

San Miguel Beer Drinker
    Apr 2009
    already ordered an ogre in green

mtbr lurker
    Was initially thinking 1x1 or lht but as soon as they're back in stock this week I'll get a black troll.

mtbr member
    Got the new bike bug...if I can't snatch up a Krampus before new years I'm going to build up a KM in a similar fashion (1x10, rigid, fat tires) and see what spring brings for a Krampus frameset. I really want a 650b troll, but it's too similar to my 1x1 to justify it. I may build a 650b wheelset for that to experiment with later on.
    Mountain bikers who don't road ride have no legs...
    Road riders who don't mountain bike have no soul...

mtbr member
    Ogre with kris holms and 2.4-2.6s, or pug complete with hookworms or similar for daily tires?

I'm experiencing an intense urge for lots or air volume.

Unhinged Aussie on a 29er
    Quote Originally Posted by vaultbrad View Post
    Ogre with kris holms and 2.4-2.6s, or pug complete with hookworms or similar for daily tires?

I'm experiencing an intense urge for lots or air volume.
    Don't Ogre specs max out at 2.4" ish tires?

mtbr member
    I think ish is the key to what you said. Tires dont always measure what theyre label says. But, I suspect that with wide rims 2.4 is probably safest for good clearance.

Edited to say that Surly's site notes 2.5 as max clearance. Also Coastrider runs kris holm rims with 2.5s in his karate monkey. If ogre and KM have the same clearance then it should work depending on the tyre. I hope he doesn't mind me posting this picture. It looks like a dream quiver to me.

Last edited by vaultbrad; 12-03-2012 at 09:26 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Just got a Surly Travelers Check from 2009 and finished the build. Will post after my 5th post!

Pickin' n' Grinnin'
    I have my eye on a Disc Trucker. I have some P35 wheels with 42mm Conti Cyclocross tires to squeeze into there. Should me my paved trail bike that can go off road if necessary...
    Ignorance is bliss until they take your bliss away...

blurr
    Been wanting another 1x1. My current 1x1 has semi-fat (40mm) rims and 2.5s.
    Gonna put my old skinny v-brake wheels on another 1x1, but now Im thinking of going with the troll... to add a little color.
    I also like the idea of the option to change to gears on one of my bikes--though every time I build a geared bike I eventually ditch it for the 1x1... hence the troll.

Always Learning

Got mine for 2013...

Picked it up 2 weeks ago.

BlackKM

Got 2 rides in before the end of the year blizzard stopped that fun, so I wait for 2013...

P1010003

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Black Ogre it will be!

Industry Vet
    Jul 2012
    Just ordered a monkey!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Can anyone tell me what type of rear fender is on the KM in the picture Vaultbrad posted in #113 above?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Building a Dirty Blue Cross Check! Kinda a cool subtle color.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails So...which Surly are you getting for 2013?-000_0392.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I ordered a blue cross check - but there was some foul up with the order / shipping from the USA and it never arrived. I ended up with a soma double cross instead - no big deal as that is a great bike too - I am tempted by an Ogre, later on this year

iphilrive
    Quote Originally Posted by eggshin View Post
    troll complete...just waiting on the release of the new colors. Counting the days....day after day......hour after hour....browsing the forums endlessly to live vicariously through the lives of other troll owners.....
    this described this whole forum to me.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by CBUL View Post
    Building a Dirty Blue Cross Check! Kinda a cool subtle color.
    That's what I want to build for my next bike too! Color looks GREAT. Really enjoying my new Dummy at least; girls and I are having a blast.

mtbr member
    I think it looks good as well. The color looks like a faded navy blue t-shirt. Sort of a relaxed blue. I like it. Post a pic of that Dummy evandy.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast