Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    R.I.P. Pugsley.
    Quote Originally Posted by winginit View Post
    their is a 2012 white pugs frame on EBAY now for $399. it is ending in a few days, being sold by a bike shop, i talked to the guy.

but i prepay for a 2013 red pugs instead the bike shop say`s nov 25 is my ship date.
    White, red, yellow, and black are the newer frame style with the lower TT, and i am looking for a 2010 or older.
    But, i may have a lead on a NOS 2010 frame.

mtbr member
    New Krampus and Steamroller to roll faster in the city.

mtbr member
    Does anyone know if a Rabbit Hole rim with a Knard 29 3.0 will fit between a KM fork?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thug View Post
    Does anyone know if a Rabbit Hole rim with a Knard 29 3.0 will fit between a KM fork?
    I'm not sure, but you can't fit the rear. So, why changing the front wheel with something bigger and different?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thug View Post
    Surly has said yes to this on the KM and Ogre forks.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_sparthan View Post
    I'm not sure, but you can't fit the rear. So, why changing the front wheel with something bigger and different?
    While it's not my thing some folks enjoy the increased traction and passive suspension benefits.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    Surly has said yes to this on the KM and Ogre forks.

While it's not my thing some folks enjoy the increased traction and passive suspension benefits.
    Thanks vikb

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_sparthan View Post
    To give that added little extra plushness which is sometimes needed on a rigid steel fork.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I have a Krampus on order. It'll be my first Surly, and I'm hoping it will fill the role of a general-purpose geared MTB in my collection. Currently I have a Fargo, a Mukluk, and a SS hardtail. I can't really see getting rid of any of those and I think the Krampus will be more versatile in that lineup than a more traditional MTB.

PMC
    mtbr member
    May 2004
    Still not 100% sure I'll be adding a new bike to the basement next year but if I do it'd be a Krampus complete build or a Crosscheck set up single speed.
    In 2012 I added two (a Moonlander and a Pacer) so I'm pretty well set for road and winter riding...

mtbr member
    Necromancer Pug and upgrading with the moloko bar

mtbr member

Surly Necromancer

So...which Surly are you getting for 2013?-img_1492.jpg

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I ordered a Pugsley from my LBS last month and I've been told it's coming in next week. This will be my first fat bike so I'm looking forward to getting it built up. Just in time for fall riding too.

Carl

mtbr member
    The Krampus and Robins Egg Blue CC both tempt me hard. I rode the Krampus out in Utah, and now there are Demos coming to my work next week, things could get tempting....

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    i might get the krampus frame/fork + knard tires only

i've got two 35mm wide wheelsets (velocity p35 and salsa gordo) and i'm pretty sure the knard 3.0 tires will fit them

not really sure if i can use my salsa semi 30mm rims for the knard tire, though, i've got silver salsa semi 29er rims laced to surly fixed/ disc hubs and i think it will be awesome if i can build up a fixed-gear krampus someday
    biker boy

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Just bought a black CC frameset in 60cm from Universal. I hoping that Im not going over my head in frame size....but the bikesdirect CX bike that I have now is a 58 and is a little too small for me. My plan is to swap most of the parts over and sell the old frame on craigslist for cheap. Also going with Salsa cowbell bars.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Just ordered a Robins Egg Blue (hopefully) CC here - replacing an old hybrid frame I've had for years, will be for commuting / light touring - bikepacking with the family / general use / road rides with some mates.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I just got back from a vacation in the Florida Panhandle. Spent some time running an Electra with child seat through the East Lake trail of Pt. Washington forest. First time I've ridden on sand.... the first thought that I had was: THIS is why the Pugsley exists. Wow. I'd love to ride a pugs through there.

Sadly, I have two daughters, and am currently waiting on my Dummy. That'll be my only bike for now. And an LHT or other commuter bike is probably next. No need for a pugs up here in Chicagoland commuting.

PRETENDURO
    Having ridden both a 1x1 (8,000+ milesó3,000 of them in singlespeed mode!!!) and a Pugsley (1,410 miles), Iím leaning toward a Moonlander. Iíve since ridden 1,800+ miles on my 9:zero:7 fatbike but I believe the extra girth of the 26"x4.8" Surly Bud and Lou offerings would complement the terrain I ride on (as well as my riding style). I am still trying to justify buying another bike.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Witty McWitterson
    Have a Krampus frame/fork/knard/rh set on the way. Probably built up as a SS. Anxious to see how well the 3" tires do on snow around here vs the 4" on the Mukluk. If its even close, the Muk will go away.
    Just a regular guy.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Got a 2013 karate monkey on order. Picking it up on Friday. Safety scissors blue. Seriously though, how could you not buy a bike called a Karate Monkey?

Sent from my SGH-T879 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    I took delivery of '13 Moonlander on Saturday. Spent the weekend rolling over the freshly dug up cornfields grinning like an idiot.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by haloblue View Post
    Got a 2013 karate monkey on order. Picking it up on Friday. Safety scissors blue. Seriously though, how could you not buy a bike called a Karate Monkey?

Sent from my SGH-T879 using Tapatalk 2
    They're rad, you won't regret your purchase.

But that being said, I really want a krampus like bad...
    -Eric
    Keeping the hardtail dream alive, one ride at a time.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I'm currently agonizing over whether to get an Ogre or LHT.

Ogre:
    - dedicated mount for my dog trailer
    - better for offroad adventures
    - better fit with flat bar (which I'll use either way)

LHT:
    - classic looks
    - 26" wheels fit me well at 5'8"
    - bit faster on the road
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lostboyscout | www.beerscout.ca
    Knolly Chilcotin | Surly Long Haul Trucker

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    LBS while my LHT is my most awesomest do-it-all bike I do wonder about if a troll would be do-it-all-ier. Especially a purple one.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    HardyW, your input could be what tips me over to the Ogre. It does make more sense (and I'll keep my eyes open for a used LHT as a beater down the road)

I'd probably go Troll everything else being equal (love the eggplant) but I have a really nice 29er wheelset and tires already. I do like the green a lot too.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lostboyscout | www.beerscout.ca
    Knolly Chilcotin | Surly Long Haul Trucker

Still want a fat bike....
    I know what I want, but what I want and what my wife will not even come close to letting me buy are the exact same thing...... a bike. If I could.... Moonlander, but more realistically, I want a Pug. I think it would go well with my Ogre.
    I am a man of many words. KCCO!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast