Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Placed the order and paid this morning for a KM.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I would like a purple troll frame but the frames' versatility is the petard that is hoisting them, I am just going to be rearranging the existing fleet for a while and that will take most of my available free time...

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    troll complete...just waiting on the release of the new colors. Counting the days....day after day......hour after hour....browsing the forums endlessly to live vicariously through the lives of other troll owners.....

mtbr member

Krampus Dreaming

Was lusting after a Disc-Trucker for a city/commuting rig but then along comes the Krampus and I can't get it out of my head. The complete looks good with maybe a Jones loop bar and a 9x1 thumbie upgrade (downgrade?) down the track. Just the small matter of magicing-up some money to pay for it!

My Cross-Check is supposed to be my "road" bike but I'm doing a lot of trail riding on it as I can travel further distances than on my SS Pug. For that reason it rarely sees skinny tyres or a rack and I haven't even bothered with the fenders it needs for street riding in rainy old Auckland. With a Krampus (or Ogre - damn you Surly) I could streetify the Cross-Check permanently.

Eskdale Forest Floor

mtbr member
    Placed my pre-order for a Krampus complete build. Now, waiting and waiting and waiting ('til March).

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jesusburger View Post
    . With a Krampus (or Ogre - damn you Surly) I could streetify the Cross-Check permanently.
    Would you see the Krampus displacing your Pug? I can't imagine the Krampus outperforming my Pug on the sand or snow that I do throw at it, but that is basically only a couple weeks out of the year and a Krampus might be close enough for those weeks and more I don't know skinny than the pug for the remaining weeks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HardyWeinberg View Post
    Would you see the Krampus displacing your Pug? I can't imagine the Krampus outperforming my Pug on the sand or snow that I do throw at it, but that is basically only a couple weeks out of the year and a Krampus might be close enough for those weeks and more I don't know skinny than the pug for the remaining weeks.
    No way, that Pugsley is the best bike I've ever owned! I bought it in 2006 and apart from dropping the dingle set-up for pure singlespeed the only things I've changed are the grips and pedals. Marge Lites and 3.8 Knards would make it an even better trail-bike but it's almost perfect for what I use it for (beach/trails/urban), just a bit porky.

I'm dreaming anyway, can't really afford a new bike...

Black Sand Biking
    Big Beach

mtbr member
    Hardy...
    I am a fatbike rider (Salsa Mukluk 2), and I am buying the Krampus based on all the reviews I have read... it's fast, and can tear up a rooty single track/rough terrain. I have a feeling it might do well aired down on hardpack sand, but I don't see it as a replacement for my Muk. Thankfully I have enough room in the garage for all my bikes. I am now a lifer fat biker.
    I don't think Surly designed the Krampus to displace Fat Bikes. She seems to be a different beast entirely. But if you only ride a your fat bike a couple weeks a year, I could see a Krampus replacing it. However, if you are in a position to do so, keep your Pugs and get a Krampus.

mtbr member
    Jesusburger... beauty Pugs! Love the color.

mtbr member
    I love those older colors. I know it's not a "2013" Surly, but if I ran across a green 1x1 frameset or a purple Pugsley frameset in my size this year, I'd probably buy it
    Mountain bikers who don't road ride have no legs...
    Road riders who don't mountain bike have no soul...

mtbr lurker
    1x1 and powdercoat and if I stumble upon some more money a disc trucker, the idea of touring is pretty cool

Way
    mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I will be getting an Ogre in OD green (always liked that color ever since I saw it on the GT Peace 9r SS).
    Also getting a complete Krampus when it comes out next year. They will keep my Pugs company!
    Last edited by Way; 10-05-2012 at 10:16 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    i get to go to the LBS tomorrow(in about 12 hours) and assemble my Neck Romancer Pug......the owner of the shop is a great guy and when asked if i could borrow a few tools, he insisted i just build it there.....gotta love that kind of relationship

CS2
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch rides a SS View Post
    I love those older colors. I know it's not a "2013" Surly, but if I ran across a green 1x1 frameset or a purple Pugsley frameset in my size this year, I'd probably buy it
    Just get a Troll in purple.
    1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1992 Stumpjumpers. 1995 Waterford 1200, 1999 Waterford RSE, plus a garage full of steel frames.

mtbr member
    I was hoping to collect my KM frame this morning and build up the bike this weekend but a truck drivers strike has meant the frame hasn't been delivered to my local post office.

CS2
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thug View Post
    I was hoping to collect my KM frame this morning and build up the bike this weekend but a truck drivers strike has meant the frame hasn't been delivered to my local post office.
    Am I missing something? Who's on strike now?
    1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1992 Stumpjumpers. 1995 Waterford 1200, 1999 Waterford RSE, plus a garage full of steel frames.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CS2 View Post
    Am I missing something? Who's on strike now?
    It's our truck drivers here in South Africa.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I <3 dirt
    I'm still rocking my 12 year old cross check but if surly ever makes a disc cross check ill be buying one right away.
    WHY ARE YOU YELLING??!1

CS2
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebmx999 View Post
    I'm still rocking my 12 year old cross check but if surly ever makes a disc cross check ill be buying one right away.
    That's why I'm really torn between a Raleigh Roper and a CC. The Roper has disc brakes. The CC is a much more versatile bike though. Plus I'm really not thrilled with a BB30 bottom bracket. I'm still using square taper on all my bikes.

mtbr member
    I purchased a Big Dummy a few weeks ago. I had been threatening to do so for years and finally everything came together to get one. I'm really happy I got it and have been riding it a ton even when I'm not running a load.

I'd love to get a 26" wheeled Disc Trucker but it's much more of a want than a need. My 700c LHT is just fine.

I'll definitely be picking up a Moloko Bar when they're available.
    All good expeditions should be simple in concept, difficult in their execution and satisfying to remember--Alastair Humphreys

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Stock Karate Monkey in black.

R.I.P. Pugsley.
    I started the build of a black KM a while back, but that has been on hold because of financial issues (i keep blowing my money on other things)
    And i was close to pre-ordering a krampus frameset.
    But 2 days ago, when i took of my frambag, i discovered i had wrecked my Pugsley in a crash 2.5 weeks ago.
    So now i am looking for an older model Pugsley frame, because it was my main ride.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabies010 View Post
    I started the build of a black KM a while back, but that has been on hold because of financial issues (i keep blowing my money on other things)
    And i was close to pre-ordering a krampus frameset.
    But 2 days ago, when i took of my frambag, i discovered i had wrecked my Pugsley in a crash 2.5 weeks ago.
    So now i am looking for an older model Pugsley frame, because it was my main ride.
    their is a 2012 white pugs frame on EBAY now for $399. it is ending in a few days, being sold by a bike shop, i talked to the guy.

but i prepay for a 2013 red pugs instead the bike shop say`s nov 25 is my ship date.

Obi
    mtbr member
    '13 1x1, 14" Cash Black of Course, I'm supposed to go pick it up this week, my preferred shop called last night to tell me it came in a little earlier than expected.

Not sure how I'll build it up, maybe a commuter since I plan on keeping my '05 1x1 intact for now.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Big Dummy for me. It'll be my first "real" bike. My current bike is a POS Mongoose that I bought 10 years ago while I was in college and BROKE. Trying to commute by bike more.

I am now dreaming of a LHT or CC as a commuter.... but I'll probably be using the dummy for a while. Maybe in 2014 I can get something new.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast