mtbr member

Revelate Tangle on CC/LHT

Anyone out there have any experience running a large Tangle bag on their CC or LHT? I'm thinking of getting a large one to use primarily with my 60cm CC. I'm thinking of running a Gas Tank also. I imaging that'll work with the CC no problem.
    All good expeditions should be simple in concept, difficult in their execution and satisfying to remember--Alastair Humphreys

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I have a 58cm LHT and a medium Tangle bag. I could easily fit a large Tangle bag on it.
    Where's BAKERSFIELD?

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Ive got a large Tangle and Gas Tank and they fit fine on both my 60cm LHT and 60cm CC. If anything the tangle is slightly too short, another inch and it would fit perfectly but the srapping arrangment means its solid when fitted. The downtube strap is a bit of a faff sometimes as the shifter bosses/cables are in the way, but it still tightens up fine. I'll try and post a pic later.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Here is a pic of my Tangle bag in use, one thing i forgot was the gas tank on the CC and LHT. Due the horizontal toptube on these bikes the Gas Tank does not really sit very well, the steerer tube angles back and gets in the way of fitting the bag, which is not really designed for horiz top tubes. It will fit, just not that great.

Crosscheck

mtbr member

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dickyelsdon View Post
    Here is a pic of my Tangle bag in use, one thing i forgot was the gas tank on the CC and LHT. Due the horizontal toptube on these bikes the Gas Tank does not really sit very well, the steerer tube angles back and gets in the way of fitting the bag, which is not really designed for horiz top tubes. It will fit, just not that great.

Crosscheck
    Thanks for the info and the post. I kind of thought the GT might not fit that well due to the horizontal TT. Your set-up looks great, kind of what I'm thinking for my CC only with a flat bar.
    All good expeditions should be simple in concept, difficult in their execution and satisfying to remember--Alastair Humphreys

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    dickyelsdon, what size of the frame and what size of the bag ? My cc is 54, looking to MD size.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Hi. That is a 60cm Check. Think the large will only fit 58/60's.
    I own a Surly, a Surly, a Surly and a Salsa. Probably some others in there too at the bottom of the pile.

mtbr member

Seat bag?

Hi. That is a 60cm Check. Think the large will only fit 58/60's.
    Which seat bag is that? Viscacha? Pika?

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Which seat bag is that? Viscacha? Pika?
    None of the above.

Its a repack-sl from bikepack.pl
    Amazing service, good quality materials, good design details (not just a clone), great product and best of all, superb price!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Crosscheck

What rear fender is that?

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jmadams13 View Post
    What rear fender is that?
    Its a classic 'crud guard' from the mid 90's. Only really available in the UK. I love them for older non sus bikes as they have a hole for the cantilever cable and stick way out the back.

Better pics of some on this thread...

Retrobike

Ariolimax columbianus
    hey dickyelsdon do you use something to stop the brake cable from rubbing the handlebar bag? i've got a revelate harness and have had problems runnin it on my cross bike due to this issue.

mtbr member
    Anyone running a Large Tangle on a 62cm Cross-Check or a 22" Pugsley? Photos would be great.

I'm thinking of a Gas-Tank too while Iím mail-ordering and it's not really practical to return stuff from New Zealand.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by nativeson View Post
    hey dickyelsdon do you use something to stop the brake cable from rubbing the handlebar bag? i've got a revelate harness and have had problems runnin it on my cross bike due to this issue.
    My handlebar bag is also from bikepacking.pl so not sure how it differs from a revelate. I dont have a problem with the setup as shown in the pic tho, there is quite a lot of spacers under the stem so the cable hanger is near the bottom of the bag.

mtbr member
    Just pulled the trigger on a Tangle bag. It was hard not to order a Pika also.

Since my brevet bike is still in need of some TLC, I'll probably be rolling my CC with the Tangle on next weeks 300k.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jesusburger View Post
    Anyone running a Large Tangle on a 62cm Cross-Check or a 22" Pugsley? Photos would be great.

I'm thinking of a Gas-Tank too while Iím mail-ordering and it's not really practical to return stuff from New Zealand.
    Purchased a large Tangle and Gas Tank. Tangle fits 22" Mk1 Pug very well and although a little short for my 62cm Cross-Check still works well, I can even access both full-size bottles.
    Gas Tank lives permanantly on the Pug for around town camera/keys/phone/(small) snack duties (and I'm enjoying using it) but my old triangular Jandd frame-bag is better in that roll - it's a bit bigger, quick to to swap between bikes and more out-of-the-way when standing up and mashing (singlespeed).

Auckland Fatbike

Tuff Crater Trail

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Here is what the Large Tangle bag looks like on my 64cm Disc Trucker.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    No pics available at the moment, but I have a 56cm CC and the Medium fits but the Large definitely does not fit. If you go by the sizing guideline on the Revelate website, it says something like the Large needs a top tube gap of 21", and if you squint just right at your tape measure, it looks like a 56cm CC just barely has that. So I ordered one to try, but it wasn't really even close to fitting. I'd guess you need closer to 22" of air under the top tube to fit a Large.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I've got a large tangle bag that fits ok on my 62cm CC. As others have said, it's a bit short, and the downtube strap is right where the shifter bosses are, but it works fine.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I've used my tangle bag on my Volagi Viaje and Nashbar touring frame nicely. Both 60cm frames. I hated the gas tank, always rubbed my knees.