mtbr member
    Apr 2012

pugsley for a every day bike?

Do most people only use the pugs for snow and sand only?
    i plan to use mine as much as possible.
    is their any reason why i cant ride it around the streets and trails?
    i want to put a couple of racks on it and use it for food shopping and stuff,i live close to the main street and stores and it is kind of flat.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Go For It!

you're not alone in your desire to use Pugs for your everyday bike. Many of us have only one bike to do it all, and that bike is a Pugs.

Enjoy!

Pat

CS2
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by patirwin View Post
    you're not alone in your desire to use Pugs for your everyday bike. Many of us have only one bike to do it all, and that bike is a Pugs.

Enjoy!

Pat
    Anyone using a 29er wheelset with road tires?
    1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1992 Stumpjumpers. 1995 Waterford 1200, 1999 Waterford RSE, plus a garage full of steel frames.

undercover brother
    I ride mine just as much as my transition transam. It's an amazingly capable bike!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I bought mine for winter and ended up using it far more in the other three seasons. Excellent year round bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Plus+

Plus you have the option of fatties, 29ers, cross tires or skinny road tires/wheels. It's truly a do-all bike but I think most just ride their fatties around all year.

The tires are expensive but last quite a while.

Pat

Stubby-legged
    Jun 2006
    Everyday. Except when I ride my 1x1.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Pugs as road bike, Yes!

Not that I ever have it set up as a road bike but I've ridden the one-day 200 miler Fireweed road ride/race here in Alaska on my Pugs w/ 700x28's. Perhaps not the best bike for a double century but it worked fine. And with the Open Bars it's like riding a Cadillac....

I've ridden the Fireweed ride/race on all my Surlys, 1x1, CrossCheck, and KM, and the Pugs was as comfy as any of them.

Pat

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Also, I should add that yeah, I did entertain the idea of building up 29er wheels for it, but I got over that quick once I learned how fun the fat tires were in the dirt/rocks/roots. Especially once the Nate and Husker Du came out, holy jeebus that changed the game

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    good to hear. the first thing i think of when i wake up is . i am gettin a pugs!

mtbr member
    Congratulations,
    you're pointing in the right direction
    When trails gets tougher, Just stand up and deliver.

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by winginit View Post
    Do most people only use the pugs for snow and sand only?
    i plan to use mine as much as possible.
    is their any reason why i cant ride it around the streets and trails?
    i want to put a couple of racks on it and use it for food shopping and stuff,i live close to the main street and stores and it is kind of flat.
    No problems Pugsley does it all. Check out the Fat Bikes subforums on this website.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Great bike for goofing around town and trail riding year round. The tyres are expensive but my rear Endomorph is 6 years old and although pretty worn is still getting the job done (in the dry!)
    I ride mine to work some days because it's too much fun. Fun makes up for the singlespeed/heavy/rackless/no fenders negatives any day.