mtbr member

Post your Big Dummy!

I can't believe this thread didn't already exist.

I'll start: Mine is a 2009 Big Dummy with a few little upgrades (FlightDeck, Brooks Saddle, Surly Open Bar). An incredible bike!

More information here: A Magnificent Machine: My Dummy and Me. Also, more pics on my blog (link in my signature).

Post your Dummy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Big Dummy!-img_0431.jpg  

aka DummyDiva
    Here's mine. Maiden voyage to the store. Items for tonight's dinner and a few days of supplies. Hardly made a dent in all the room. I love my Dummy!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Relatively new cargo biker here - I have owned my '11 dummy since March and loved every minute of it.

More photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pscalfa...th/5707983863/

mtbr member
    PScal -- Nice Dummy! Is that a CETMA rack? How do the Ergons feel on the H-Bar?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Thanks for the compliment! The rack is a CETMA HalfRack. It is great for carrying pizza and packages when I make post office runs. The rack was originally bought for a Jamis Commuter 3, and carried over when I upgraded to the dummy. I can't say enough good things about the versatility of the HalfRack. I feel like since I got the big dummy I don't utilize it enough because the freeloaders get loaded by default. However, it's definitely staying on the bike for pizza runs and to act as the occasional foot prop.

I love the ergons + H Bar. These were also carryover items from my old bike and I've been extremely pleased with them. I had to chop about 1cm off of each grip to give room for the shifters due to the limited real estate on the H bar, but that was not a big deal at all. There is a lot of synergy with the dummy, H Bar, and ergons. The riding position is just perfect for me.

mtbr member
    Hey MB2, great looking BD. I look at pictures like that and get so jealous. Seems like a great bike for camping. I'll hopefully get out next week on my LHT for some bike camping on the Clackamas River (OR).
    All good expeditions should be simple in concept, difficult in their execution and satisfying to remember--Alastair Humphreys

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dfltroll View Post
    Hey MB2, great looking BD. I look at pictures like that and get so jealous. Seems like a great bike for camping. I'll hopefully get out next week on my LHT for some bike camping on the Clackamas River (OR).
    Thanks! It's a great camping rig. Lots more pictures on my blog: http://mjbadventures.blogspot.com/