Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Post pics of your Surly!!!

1M views 3K replies 764 participants last post by  rockychrysler 
#1 ·
Allow me to be the first to add content, here's my newly acquired Pugsley. Next to it is a Kenda 2.3 just to demonstrate how big the Endomorph tires really are. Enjoy.

Attachments

See less See more
#2,283 ·
First ride on my new Trucker!

It's a 62cm 26" with:
Nitto Albatross bars
Nitto M1 rack / Wald basket
VO Zeppelin fenders
Brooks C17
2.15" Big Apples
SP dynamo w/Supernova E3 light + tail light
Shimano SLX hydro brakes

Just need to trim the fender struts and connect the lights, should be all done then. Very pleased with how it turned out.

Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel

Attachments

#2,284 ·
First ride on my new Trucker!

It's a 62cm 26" with:
Nitto Albatross bars
Nitto M1 rack / Wald basket
VO Zeppelin fenders
Brooks C17
2.15" Big Apples
SP dynamo w/Supernova E3 light + tail light
Shimano SLX hydro brakes

Just need to trim the fender struts and connect the lights, should be all done then. Very pleased with how it turned out.

View attachment 1044357
Whoa! That looks great. I can't tell the color in these pictures. It looks like you had it repainted?

Every time I see a Trucker with 26" wheels it gets the wheels in my head spinning. I continue to regret going with a 700c over a 26" Trucker. I basically have everything I need to put a 26" LHT together except rims and frame.

#2,296 ·
No Snow down here...

Hi everyone, there has been plenty of great images lately of all of you braving the winter months. For us Down-under nothing but sunny days and warm weather, sometimes too warm.

Here a few from this mornings ride on the Troll, out and about whilst the Cross Check is getting a respray.

Hope these bring some thoughts of summer ahead.

By the Harbour in town.
Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim

On the bike track homeward bound.
Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel Road

Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Tire Bicycle frame

Enjoy your riding.

Stephen.

#2,301 ·
Sounds good. The Dog's pretty damn muddy right now. Gone for a couple of muddy rides there recently, but I generally hit that joint a few times a week when it's not so busted up. My buddies don't call me the Mayor of WD for nothing! Have fun on PTB's Stumpy man.

#2,312 · (Edited)
My goal was to use a Pugsley offset fork and be able to switch between 10 Spd gears and SS. Almost there, but all the rotors need to be the same size on both wheel sets and all 4 wheels need to run rear hubs (fat and mid-fat 29+) which is alot of extra parts that were not in the budget... Running RD on SS is sloppy, but having 2 gears almost makes it worth it.... The Melvin, sounds cool, but probably can't shift on the fly? Dinglespeed, hhhmmm....

I was going to call it a 10 + 2!! :thumbsup:

#2,313 ·
My goal was to use a Pugsley offset fork and be able to switch between 10 Spd gears and SS. Almost there, but all the rotors need to be the same size on both wheel sets and all 4 wheels need to run rear hubs (fat and mid-fat 29+) which is alot of extra parts that were not in the budget... Running RD on SS is sloppy, but having 2 gears almost makes it worth it.... The Melvin, sounds cool, but probably can't shift on the fly? Dinglespeed, hhhmmm....
We may be talking about slightly different set ups. With my set up, I was running two chainrings and a front derrailleur and had a single cog on the rear hub along with the Melvin to keep the chain tensioned. It's a double pulley with a spring, much like a rear derailler, but simplified because it doesn't have to move laterally. So I could absolutely shift on the fly. My front derailler worked exactly as it should.

#2,319 ·
wow,that looks like something aside from sun blasted desert rockscape,like you even have that shade thing,and i believe its called traction!! we have sun and more sun,and kittylitter ball bearings over hard baked ceramic instead...

I struggled through some nasty sunshine myself this weekend. Put another 80+ miles on the Monumental Loop in NM on my ECR.
shoot me a link to the gps stuff on that sometime,i betyou've knocked off some of my bucket list routes...

#2,326 ·
This is in Belmont CA on the SF peninsula. It's about 10 mins from the house and 30 minutes from San Francisco. I ride here on Mondays and Wednesdays and head 25 minutes up the hill into the redwoods on Fridays. Got it pretty bad:thumbsup: