Page 54 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1835
    mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    2013 Necro Pugs. Only changes from stock are Hayes Prime brakes, Answer 720mm hb+stem, dropper post and charge saddle. Need to buy a bleed kit and shorten the lines.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    My fiancÚ and took the CrossChecks out for an offroad cruise this morning

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Happy holidays everyone.

When It Rains It Pours

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Just got a new Pugsley Necro Romancer for Christmas. I had a chance to take it out for a nice ride today and couldn't believe all of the crud that I could just blow through. I wouldn't call it a fast bike, but I went through areas today that no other bike I've ever owned would have stood a chance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your Surly!!!-image.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    What A Difference A Day Makes

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddle Up View Post
    What A Difference A Day Makes
    Great Photo!!!
    "The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt." - Surly Blog

San Miguel Beer Drinker
    Apr 2009
    my ogre in Nuvali Trails, Laguna (south of Manila).

Happy New Year to everybody
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your Surly!!!-737270_4420936634642_1635262387_o.jpg  

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Post pics of your Surly!!!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1357287510.876331.jpg
    Pugsley out for his first snow ride, nice day in the upper 20's
    Ride what you like, how you like, just remember that's what everybody else is doing too.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Surly Troll

New year, new ride!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your Surly!!!-imag0397.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

New (to me) 2010 Cross Check

Hi there, got myself a very slightly used Surly Cross Check at 56cm and I'm loving it. Had this bike on my radar for a while and it's quite the upgrade from a Craigslist special early 90's Raleigh Tarantula.

FSA Orbit XLII Headset
    Shimano 105 Brifters 5510
    Shimano Dura-Ace Derailleurs
    Avid Shorty 4 Brakes
    FSA Wing Pro Base bar/Handlebar
    Brooks B17 Saddle
    FSA Stem
    Shimano Ultegra 9 Speed Cassette
    AlexRims x2100 700c Wheels
    Continental Touring Plus Tires

Have some fenders ready to go on and also a rear pannier rack too. And I need to replace the crappy seatpost as well.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    ^^^^Really digging the troll and cross-check.

This thread rocks. Will post once I hit the big 1-0

iphilrive
    so anyone have a street tires on the KM?

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    So this is where you have been hiding.

Best pump up that tyre and go outdoors again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your Surly!!!-017.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Pumped up the tyre.

Then after it went back down, found a new tube, patched up the old one, more of tube defect than a puncture, but fixed and swapped in up front so spare tube is still 100%, just in case.

First we checked on the cows, they seemed quite happy.
    Then we rolled along here, bit slushy, lot of windchill to the face, forgot my buff.
    Then we rolled over here, more hardpack, much nicer.
    Then the geese and ducks stopped us to check us out for any bread hiding on us as we passed the farmyard, geese where a bit hissy but let us roll through, will take a few slices of bread next time.

Only a few miles, legs hurt after, been a while since i span pedals, best do some more soon

Snow won't last more than a few days over here in the UK so might be another year or so before i snow ride again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your Surly!!!-002.jpg  

Post pics of your Surly!!!-005.jpg  

Post pics of your Surly!!!-006.jpg  

Post pics of your Surly!!!-007.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    first ride of my new to me Cross Check. I really like this ride. I bought it used on ebay in October and had emergency back surgery a couple days later. I've been literally staring at this bike in the house for the past 3 months. I can't describe how good it felt to get out on a bike again.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

My Surly bikes

Here's the two I have at the moment...

2012 Ogre
    2013 Pugs - (winter training bike and overall funtastic)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your Surly!!!-photo-1-.jpg  

Post pics of your Surly!!!-photo-2-.jpg  

I Ride for Donuts
    ^^ That's quite a pair!! I am one of the people on the long list of people who wants a fatbike.

My Ogre yesterday:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your Surly!!!-picture1.jpg  

Last edited by CommuterBoy; 02-01-2013 at 12:05 PM.
    You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

I Ride for Donuts
    Quote Originally Posted by leeinmemphis View Post
    first ride of my new to me Cross Check. I really like this ride. I bought it used on ebay in October and had emergency back surgery a couple days later. I've been literally staring at this bike in the house for the past 3 months. I can't describe how good it felt to get out on a bike again.
    That's awesome.
    You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

mtbr member
    Jun 2012

Sea Monkey.

Stretched the old legs today and spunup the Monkey, sooooooo unfit, been so long off a bike my legs have forgotten what it's like.

Feel the burn so went for a gentle ride around town and across the beach.

Watched the fishermen for a bit, then checked out the harbour defences in case pirates or U-boats come back again, then Monk wanted a paddle, i wasn't so keen on getting wet feet, but Monks been cooped up too long.
    Might just swap out tyres for road slicks and do some after work town circuits, build up the legs again, and it's getting lighter again, should be able to do 30mins after work before lights are needed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your Surly!!!-001.jpg  

Post pics of your Surly!!!-002.jpg  

Post pics of your Surly!!!-003.jpg  

Post pics of your Surly!!!-004.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Also changed the bars and stem to a bit more downhilly set up from DMR, treated the wheels to some new track nuts and got a simple tension seeker to fit later on, i want to slam the rear wheel forwards, but have decided to go chain device over magic gear for getting chain length, means i can slam it for techy stuff and drag it back out for more normal duties and all on one chain length.
    Decided on a new mini pump as well as my last one got nicked at a race and always good to be prepared or face a long walk home.

Monkey shots,
    Having a paddle, then we rode round the beach, small container/bulker ship moored up, when this happens it's a sign of impending bad weather and shipping takes shelter, going was quite firm on wet sand not too much sinkage on the skinny tyres and rims, gave the legs a damn good work out.

(also getting my head round the new forum upgrades and picture posting method too, now the forums calmed down and working again)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your Surly!!!-005.jpg  

Post pics of your Surly!!!-006.jpg  

Post pics of your Surly!!!-007.jpg  

Post pics of your Surly!!!-008.jpg  

mtbr member
    I've always wanted to live near a beach where I could just ride for hours. I've only been to a beach a couple times and it just seems like there's always so much to explore.
    Mountain bikers who don't road ride have no legs...
    Road riders who don't mountain bike have no soul...

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    My Karate Monkey with Alfine 11

Post pics of your Surly!!!-large_karate.jpg

Ampel

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Like anything anywhere, beaches can be exciting for finding stuff or just plain boring windy feature-less flat spaces.

I can pedal about 5 miles west, but only at very low tides due to the boulder nature of the beach, then it reaches a natural cut off point, i have heard you can semi get round through a tunnel but that still drops off into the sea, there is a rickity old fishermans rope up over the cliff, don't fancy that even without a bike, from here anyway there is little beach to ride for quite some way.

I can pedal Eastwards maybe 20 miles before reaching an inlet that might not be crossable, again subject to tides and cliffs, i mostly stick to a few mile stretch as i can ride 85% alright on skinny rims and tyres. Would like to try a fatty, but just don't have the terrain to play on.

Normally go treasure hunting for fishing tackle, got around 20kg of lead weights stashed now, might cash them in if i make 50kg (value of scrap metal) sometimes find net floats washed up, no mini subs (the u-boats are in deep water further down the coast) found out where the Sherman tank remains are so will go Tank Hunting soon, not much left to see of that, i think CoastKid would enjoy it here for a holiday

Best beach find so far was a washed up float net. Took me several days to untangle it and clean it up, only needs 3 minor repairs, but a serviceable fishing net with floating topline about 50' long and 8' depth, was hard work getting it home, haven't a clue what to do with it, but it looks cool.

As i get rolling i will post more, think Coastkid style but on a 29er not a Pug, oh and i am in the UK alongside whats called the "Bristol Channel" on the English side of the channel, Wales is on the other, many many miles away from Coastkid up in Scotland.

San Miguel Beer Drinker
    Apr 2009
    Post pics of your Surly!!!-img_20130205_164207.jpg

i love my ogre.

Page 54 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 64 ... LastLast