• 09-18-2016
    Muirenn
    φαίνεται είχατε το ποδήλατο βαμμένο σε ένα ειδικό χρώμα . Είμαι μπορεί να χρησιμοποιηθεί εκπλαγεί τόσο μεγάλα ελαστικά . Είναι ένα θαυμάσιο ποδήλατο. i χρησιμοποιηθεί το Google Translate. είσαι Έλληνας;

    (I used Google Translate; looks like the language she used is Greek).
  • 09-18-2016
    Muirenn
    double post. Sorry.
  • 09-18-2016
    Muirenn
    Double post
  • 09-18-2016
    ioanniz
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    φαίνεται είχατε το ποδήλατο βαμμένο σε ένα ειδικό χρώμα . Είμαι μπορεί να χρησιμοποιηθεί εκπλαγεί τόσο μεγάλα ελαστικά . Είναι ένα θαυμάσιο ποδήλατο. i χρησιμοποιηθεί το Google Translate. είσαι Έλληνας;

    (I used Google Translate; looks like the language she used is Greek).

    It was a black cross-check and i repaint it[emoji1] Yes i'm from Greece

    Στάλθηκε από το Nexus 5 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
  • 09-18-2016
    Muirenn
    A pleasure to meet you. It's perfect!
  • 09-18-2016
    hamsterspam
    5 Attachment(s)
    from a fun day of under-biking on desert singletrack straggler style..

    Attachment 1095167Attachment 1095168Attachment 1095169Attachment 1095170Attachment 1095171
  • 09-18-2016
    Matterhorn
    desert? are you sure? looks darn green to me. Lots of grass too. How many snakes did you bunny hop?

    How was the descent? Decent?
  • 09-18-2016
    Smithhammer
    Nice. Nothing like a little drop bar dirt to clear the head now and then...
  • 09-18-2016
    hamsterspam
    no snakes today,plenty of hikers and dogs out however...
    the descent was pretty white knuckle in spots,it was murder on the hands trying to brake and hang on to the hoods,but thats mainly due to getting talked into pretty much all dirt on the way up...A was fairly brutal,well going downhill on rough,steep trails aint fun for sure,the climbing parts went really well however...


    for sure,it keeps you on your toes,i oval chainringed theheck out of the climbs though!
    it gives the same old trails a different spin,pretty darn fun to ride mixed routes on the straggler...
    now i need to singlespeed that sucka and really notch the suffering up!
  • 09-18-2016
    Smithhammer
    What bar are you running?
  • 09-18-2016
    hamsterspam
    cheap easton ergo bars...i have some soma junebugs on another bike that i also like for trails on the straggler and i could see maybe putting woodchippers on the ict at some point...
  • 09-18-2016
    cassa89
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by hamsterspam View Post
    ...and i could see maybe putting woodchippers on the ict at some point...

    I was looking at the salsa drop bars I have over the weekend and was wondering what they'd be like on my ICT. With a 60 or 70mm stem, they may be a nice fit.
  • 09-18-2016
    hamsterspam
    unless it was mainly on roads of some type i would think a big flare like the woodchippers are going to work best...i live somewhat near to white sands and ive always wanted to take a fat bike out there,i could see slapping the juebugs on for what would essentially be a road tour,maybe even aero bars for something like that...
  • 09-18-2016
    Smithhammer
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by hamsterspam View Post
    ...i have some soma junebugs on another bike that i also like for trails on the straggler

    I've had a Junebug on my Fargo for the last 9 mos. or so. I really like it. The extra width and flare make a big difference on singletrack.
  • 09-19-2016
    hamsterspam
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Smithhammer View Post
    I've had a Junebug on my Fargo for the last 9 mos. or so. I really like it. The extra width and flare make a big difference on singletrack.

    its been a real eye opener getting the straggler off the pavement,a lot like getting a fat bike and that first time you go off trail and suddenly the world opens up before you...
    the junebugs are more comfy overall,the hand position seems more powerful as well,im having fun trying them out on the various bikes.plus with my bike ocd all the permutations of stem length/rise and hood position , etc gives me something to do between rides since i seem to be determined to never ride the same bike twice!
  • 09-19-2016
    ioanniz
    Updated... The MonsterCross



    Στάλθηκε από το Nexus 5 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
  • 09-23-2016
    KeithG
    1 Attachment(s)
    Romping around Rancocas State Forest

    Attachment 1095870
  • 09-25-2016
    workmx
    At Stromlo.




    Sent from my Lenovo B6000-F using Tapatalk
  • 09-29-2016
    hamsterspam
    2 Attachment(s)
    almost to 1000 miles on the straggler...only recently discovered what a blast singletrack is on this bike...so much fun stitching together pavement and dirt...
    Attachment 1096963Attachment 1096964
  • 10-04-2016
    fixed1313
  • 10-08-2016
    hamsterspam
    1 Attachment(s)
    ran across some fellow surly riders doing community service...

    Attachment 1098701
  • 10-10-2016
    fixed1313
    My second CC, fits better this time around.
  • 10-30-2016
    hamsterspam
    2 Attachment(s)
    a day of pleasant early morning singlespeed on the desert trails...mostly pleasant because i was on the 32/22 gear rather than the 32/20 i thought i was riding...doh! and i thought i was crushing it!

    Attachment 1102691Attachment 1102692
  • 10-30-2016
    Ol' Bromy
    1 Attachment(s)
    My Krampus getting ready to ride one of the more rutted trails in the park
  • 10-31-2016
    Obi
    ^It's been a wet week. Anyone got plans to head up there and do some trail work yet?
  • 10-31-2016
    Ol' Bromy
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Obi View Post
    ^It's been a wet week. Anyone got plans to head up there and do some trail work yet?

    Not that I know of. This one's a lost cause and doesn't see much use, but I've put in water bars and cut back the trees and brush on other trails. Someone has been removing exposed roots and rocks which is kind of annoying...they're part of the joint's character.
  • 10-31-2016
    Matterhorn
    Rut are you dudes talking about? If you ride it right its a groove! Rut up and ride.
    #rutjokes
  • 10-31-2016
    Ol' Bromy
    1 Attachment(s)
    How's this for a rut? Excuse the photo of my On One in the Surly forum.
  • 10-31-2016
    Matterhorn
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Ol' Bromy View Post
    How's this for a rut? Excuse the photo of my On One in the Surly forum.

    rut roh! Looks like your bb is too low.

    #rutjokes
  • 11-01-2016
    Surly in OZ
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by hamsterspam View Post
    a day of pleasant early morning singlespeed on the desert trails...mostly pleasant because i was on the 32/22 gear rather than the 32/20 i thought i was riding...doh! and i thought i was crushing it!

    Attachment 1102691Attachment 1102692

    Hi mate that looks fantastic, run into many other riders out there?
  • 11-01-2016
    Surly in OZ
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Ol' Bromy View Post
    My Krampus getting ready to ride one of the more rutted trails in the park

    Hi mate, considering my next bike, would you buy a Krampus again?
  • 11-01-2016
    Surly in OZ
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Ol' Bromy View Post
    How's this for a rut? Excuse the photo of my On One in the Surly forum.

    "That's not a rut, that's a rut" :)
  • 11-01-2016
    Surly in OZ
    [QUOTE=workmx;12846953]At Stromlo.



    Hi mate I was down that way a few weeks ago, did not have a bike but all rain would have killed the trails. Never seen Canberra so green.
  • 11-01-2016
    Surly in OZ
    Hi mate thats a crazy Monstercross, get much tyre rub with those?
  • 11-01-2016
    Surly in OZ
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by hamsterspam View Post
    ran across some fellow surly riders doing community service...

    Attachment 1098701

    I just noticed this, it cannot be your bike, it's to plain :)
  • 11-01-2016
    Surly in OZ
    3 Attachment(s)
    Bucket list ride...
    Hi everyone, had the idea for this ride for a while now. Just needed a free day and sunny skies. Well that was today. Had a rough idea of how far it was, turned out a little more than planned at 128 kms/ 80 odd miles.

    First from my place heading south to Norah Head light house.

    Attachment 1103257

    As I said a blue sky day...

    On the way back north through a state park.

    Attachment 1103258

    The lighthouse on the right hand side.

    Then north to Nobby's Light house at the entrance to Newcastle Harbour.

    Attachment 1103259

    One of my longer day rides, should have added an extra 2km's to make a neat 130.

    Maybe next time.
  • 11-02-2016
    hamsterspam
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Surly in OZ View Post
    Hi mate that looks fantastic, run into many other riders out there?

    those shots are from the main trail area locally so i generally run into lots of riders there

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Surly in OZ View Post
    I just noticed this, it cannot be your bike, it's to plain :)

    lol,its got drop bars and a new blue stem and i have a new 36 tooth oval chainring and blue bolts coming as well as a blue salsa flip-lock so its a wee bit blingier now!
  • 11-02-2016
    ksywa
    1 Attachment(s)
    A pair of trolls ...
    Attachment 1103311
  • 11-25-2016
    hamsterspam
    2 Attachment(s)
    i am loving the karate monkey as a drop bar monster any road cross bike...
    new wtb trailboss 2.4's..im thinking of upgrading to xt 11 speed 11-40 tooth cog when i replace the clunky slx rear hub with something noisier and shinier,most likely a hope pro4,maybe an i9 if im feeling fat in the wallet...

    Attachment 1107184Attachment 1107185
  • 11-26-2016
    sXeXBMXer
    3 Attachment(s)
    Attachment 1107312Attachment 1107313Attachment 1107314

    Day before Thanksgiving ride. Krampus getting ready for his first winter season. Best time of year to ride!!
  • 11-26-2016
    sXeXBMXer
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Surly in OZ View Post
    Hi everyone, had the idea for this ride for a while now. Just needed a free day and sunny skies. Well that was today. Had a rough idea of how far it was, turned out a little more than planned at 128 kms/ 80 odd miles.

    First from my place heading south to Norah Head light house.

    Attachment 1103257

    As I said a blue sky day...

    On the way back north through a state park.

    Attachment 1103258

    The lighthouse on the right hand side.

    Then north to Nobby's Light house at the entrance to Newcastle Harbour.

    Attachment 1103259

    One of my longer day rides, should have added an extra 2km's to make a neat 130.

    Maybe next time.

    you have just given me a couple of possible ideas for a bike packing trip...combining my love of lighthouses and biking!!

    1. tour of Great Lakes lights
    2. Atalntic Coast lights

    what a beautiful day!!
  • 11-30-2016
    jamiedyer
    Work in Progress:
    Out and about on the Big Dummy

    DSCN3111 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

    DSCN3120 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

    DSCN3110 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr
  • 11-30-2016
    dfltroll
    I take it the BD is new? Looks like a fat front. 1x drivetrain? I've had mine for a few years. The newer dummy bags are pretty awesome. I'm also a fan of the ET tires. I took mine on a 5 day camping trip this past summer and it was pretty cool. I wouldn't hesitate to use it again for a multi day camping trip.
  • 11-30-2016
    jamiedyer
    Hi mate
    Yeah, it's a 2008 but 'new' addition to my fleet. came with the Fat front, it's a Pugsley fork and wheel and the rear is a 65mm rim with a Alfine hub running a hookworm.
    Will keep it fat for the winter then put the original fork back on and run my 2.0 marathons for touring with my little man on the back.
    Its about a month now and we are still sorting some stuff for it. yesterday my flightdeck, U tubes and magic carpet arrived, so that will see my boy a bit more comfortable ;)
    I have it with the P racks as I have a couple of sets of Ortlieb panniers off of my LHT.

    Jamie
  • 12-01-2016
    Surly in OZ
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by sXeXBMXer View Post
    you have just given me a couple of possible ideas for a bike packing trip...combining my love of lighthouses and biking!!

    1. tour of Great Lakes lights
    2. Atalntic Coast lights

    what a beautiful day!!

    Thanks mate, great idea for your bike packing trip. Take the time and hit the road :)
  • 12-04-2016
    *OneSpeed*
    2 Attachment(s)
    only two rides on it but REALLY digging it so far! Huge fun! Bring on the snow!!

    Attachment 1108615

    Attachment 1108616
  • 12-11-2016
    hamsterspam
    1 Attachment(s)
    a bunch of steel laying around in the desert after a spirited session of singlespeed riding
    Attachment 1109740
  • 12-13-2016
    ChargeCookerMaxi
    Is that Matterhorn with the tattoo on his leg? He doesn't look tall enough for an XL frame :)
  • 12-13-2016
    ChargeCookerMaxi
    1 Attachment(s)
  • 12-13-2016
    hamsterspam
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ChargeCookerMaxi View Post
    Is that Matterhorn with the tattoo on his leg? He doesn't look tall enough for an XL frame :)

    naw,thats the youngster,another good person to ride with...

    it requires a special camera to capture images of matterhorn due to the gravitational lensing that occurs near neutron star density calf muscles!