Page 49 of 79 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1969
    mtbr member

Halo Twin Rail 28's

Quote Originally Posted by irun22fast View Post
    What other tires have people tried? I've considered the Small Blocks since I run them on my MTN bike. I'd be interested in some tires that could be considered sporty on the roads with a little bit of volume... 28-32ish.
    I highly recommend Halo Twin Rails...Universal Cycles carries them here in the states. They're made for both road and trail.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    one less car, nice

loving your x-check, must post a pic of mine.

here's my troll for now.

mtbr member
    Last edited by EatWorkRide; 07-28-2012 at 09:41 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    nice light, i have the same one

mtbr member
    Here's my troll

"Never mistake motion for action."

"If I can bicycle, I bicycle."

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Post pics of your Surly!!!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1343699516.331247.jpgpugsley and I went to the beach. Not another soul s far as you could see
    Ride what you like, how you like, just remember that's what everybody else is doing too.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

troll

Load my camping gear and i'm off!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your Surly!!!-p1020556-copy.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...00550633_n.jpg

Paul levers and hubs, Brooks honey B17, WTB WW 2.5 tubeless, FMF BMX cranks, Mary bar, Thompson post, Avid BB7s. Best bike I have ever owned!

mwv
    mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    In preparation for a tour beginning at the end of the year I'm getting in some longer rides with some weight in the mountains and messing around with various bar ends to see what I like. These Ritchey bar ends were pretty good but I still feel the need to get the bars narrower in order to have them feel right. However, having the bar ends at the appropriate width makes the regular grip postion feel very narrow and I'm not sure what compromise to make.

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=mwv;9567289. However, having the bar ends at the appropriate width makes the regular grip postion feel very narrow and I'm not sure what compromise to make[/QUOTE]

You could put the bar ends inboard of your grips/shifter/levers so you could have the wider flat bar position and a narrower bar end cruising position. This might be an ok compromise unless you intend to use the bar ends for power climbing position.

mtbr member
    Or keep those there and put another set inboard to give even more options.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

My Latest Surly

Surly Steamroller. 56cm. Gravel Grinder. Commuter. Dirt Road Explorer.
    I have already gotten rid of the stock Surly Open Bars. Currently running an Easton flat bar and will soon be running some Race Face drop bars. Just waiting on my brake levers to come in. I'll cut the fork down once i decide on my final stem/bar combo.

Full specs. On my blog.
    PavementGravelDirt: Surly Steamroller - First Time Out

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Well, I sold my Karate Monkey. Fully ridged just wasn't for me once I relocated to Colorado. I tried to make it work by throwing a Reba on the front but it still didn't work well for me. Anyway, I built up a Spearfish to take over xc duty. And of course I still have my trusty daily, the Cross Check.

2 wheels & a meat motor
    Just out Disc Truckin.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your Surly!!!-080412-s.jpg  

mtbr member
    Enjoying a break in the shade

mtbr member
    Aug 2012

surly lht

my one and only (for now)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your Surly!!!-img_3155.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Bikes with front and rear racks look great, very utilitarian. Nice LHT.

mtbr member

Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by flatfendershop View Post
    Bikes with front and rear racks look great, very utilitarian. Nice LHT.
    Agreed, although I'd say the bike needs fenders. But maybe the poster lives somewhere where it's dry in the summer.

Very nice looking LHT.
    All good expeditions should be simple in concept, difficult in their execution and satisfying to remember--Alastair Humphreys

mtbr member

LHT and Mt Hood.

Went on an overnight bike camping trip with a friend into the Mt Hood National Forest. We ended up exploring a dirt FS Rd which was quite the adventure. Well, maybe not an adventure but a really good time. Stayed at an abandoned campground. The next morning we finished the rest of the road which spilled us out at High Rock with a fantastic view of Mt Hood. We ended up taking a gravel road down to Timothy Lake and then bombed down quiet paved FS roads to the Clackamas River. I love my LHT. While it was at its limit on some of the dirt sections of the FS road, it otherwise handled the trip just fine. I think one of the things I love most about it is its stability at speed. I've never experienced shimmy on this bike. I guess the one thing I'd change is that if I were doing it over, I probably would go with the 26" version.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your Surly!!!-dscn1842.jpg  

Post pics of your Surly!!!-dscn1825.jpg  

Post pics of your Surly!!!-dscn1829.jpg  

Post pics of your Surly!!!-dscn1845.jpg  

All good expeditions should be simple in concept, difficult in their execution and satisfying to remember--Alastair Humphreys

mtbr member
    Aug 2012

fenders..

the fenders are back on. Its a must up here to have them but needed some new hardware. Will never ride without fenders again! Now I just need to switch up the handlebars......

dying hurts.
    cross post from the "ogre thread"...

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dfltroll View Post
    Went on an overnight bike camping trip with a friend into the Mt Hood National Forest. We ended up exploring a dirt FS Rd which was quite the adventure. Well, maybe not an adventure but a really good time. Stayed at an abandoned campground. The next morning we finished the rest of the road which spilled us out at High Rock with a fantastic view of Mt Hood. We ended up taking a gravel road down to Timothy Lake and then bombed down quiet paved FS roads to the Clackamas River. I love my LHT. While it was at its limit on some of the dirt sections of the FS road, it otherwise handled the trip just fine. I think one of the things I love most about it is its stability at speed. I've never experienced shimmy on this bike. I guess the one thing I'd change is that if I were doing it over, I probably would go with the 26" version.
    Where abouts did you go? Looking at riding there this weekend. Need to find some dirt!

mtbr member

Clackamas River area/Timothy Lake are great.

Quote Originally Posted by TravelByBike View Post
    Where abouts did you go? Looking at riding there this weekend. Need to find some dirt!
    We rode FS Rd 4610 which starts right off of Hwy 224 by Prometory Park. Rds 57, 58, 46 and 42 are all fantastic paved FS roads. Rd 42 is about one of the best roads ever. Look at Google maps. I'll try and post a map of our route here later today.

Lolo Pass is also a great road that heads up out of ZigZag and goes over towards Parkdale. From the summit of Lolo Pass it turns to dirt as you drop down towards Parkdale. It's great. Nice views of the Mtn. Just grab a map and explore. It's hard to get lost out there on the FS Rds as they all lead somewhere, or nowhere, in which case you just backtrack.

mtbr member
    After riding my AM bike for a while,
    My Monkey never cease to amaze me
    Here's from a ride today,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your Surly!!!-img_0587.jpg  

Post pics of your Surly!!!-img_0592.jpg  

When trails gets tougher, Just stand up and deliver.

Abby Normal
    Picked up a Pacer frameset for cheap on Craig's and built up with some new and used bits and pieces. Rides well and looks good.

Page 49 of 79 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 59 ... LastLast