Page 43 of 78 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1945
    mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by flatfendershop View Post
    "Effin" fun to ride! Thanks for the comp!

What are those big blocks your CC is parked in front of? They're pretty cool.

Are your front and rear rack surly? I don't recognize the rear.
    Just a big wall around the Indianapolis Zoo. There's a nice little path that goes around the outside.

The front rack is a Surly Nice, but the rear is a Topeak Super Tourist. It's a great rack- especially for the money.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by irun22fast View Post
    Love the look of your Ogre. That color is almost enough to swing me from purchasing a Karate Monkey to the Ogre. I don't think I'll ever use all those mounts on the rear though.
    Sounds like we had similar conversations with ourselves, I too was looking at a KM until I saw the Ogre in the shop. Same bike, only with options. I paid $53 more for the Ogre than the KM. I've put button head M5 bolts in all of the braze on mounts I'm not currently using just to keep the crud out. I also liked the color of the Ogre over what was offered in the KM (currently black or grey). Good luck, either one would be a fine choice.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Stripped the fenders and rack off the Cross Check and put the knobbies back on. Ready for the trails to dry out.

mtbr member
    Love how versatile the CrossCheck is! I liked how your ride looked with the fenders and front/rear racks but it looks right badass with the knobbies - did you say those are 29 x 1.9s? Are those Karmas?

Gots me a XCheck myself decked out remarkably similar to yours. I originally routed the shift cable traditionally, just like you did, out from under the bar-end looped down to the downtube stop. For kicks, I tried routing it under the tape up alongside the brake cable and out by the stem and found I prefered it that way because it looked cleaner. I needed to use a longer bit of housing and re-tape the bar, but I didn't even have to re-adjust the derailleur. That's one of the advantages of those bar-end shifters: they're so simple and precise, another bend in the cable doesn't even faze 'em.

Anyways, I hope your trails are rideable soon. Your bike definitely looks ready to go!
    All mountain bikes are all-mountain bikes.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by pedalmunky View Post
    Love how versatile the CrossCheck is! I liked how your ride looked with the fenders and front/rear racks but it looks right badass with the knobbies - did you say those are 29 x 1.9s? Are those Karmas?

Gots me a XCheck myself decked out remarkably similar to yours. I originally routed the shift cable traditionally, just like you did, out from under the bar-end looped down to the downtube stop. For kicks, I tried routing it under the tape up alongside the brake cable and out by the stem and found I prefered it that way because it looked cleaner. I needed to use a longer bit of housing and re-tape the bar, but I didn't even have to re-adjust the derailleur. That's one of the advantages of those bar-end shifters: they're so simple and precise, another bend in the cable doesn't even faze 'em.

Anyways, I hope your trails are rideable soon. Your bike definitely looks ready to go!

Thanks! They're great bikes, that's for sure. I go back and forth on whether I like the bar end shifters. I think I'm just going to go single speed soon and be done with them all together

mtbr member
    A months riding now on the Moonlander and i am loving riding this bike on the coast, quite differant than my pugsley, better on the soft sand and loose pebbles, smoother ride, not so good on the road and tight single track
    Amazing SPACE paint and well made rims and cranks, loving the thumbies too
    Added a rear Hope hub, swapped bars and stem and did a few personal touches

Touchdown... by coastkid71, on Flickr

Moonlander by coastkid71, on Flickr

Gullane by coastkid71, on Flickr
    plan it...build it....ride it...love it....
    http://coastkid.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    I am really turning into a a surly fan I started with the karate monkey then had to try a pug which I sold my cross bike to get. missed the cross bike so thought I would try a cross check love them all just hard to decide which one to ride some days
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your Surly!!!-cc1.jpg  

Post pics of your Surly!!!-km.jpg  

Post pics of your Surly!!!-pugs.jpg  

biking makes it better

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    All those surlys make me want another. I've really been considering a SS dropbar Monkey, but I feel like its so close to my Cross Check, it would be a waste. Bah.

mtbr member
    Just picked up my new Neck Romancer Pugsley.

Still love my Karate Monkey

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Here is my pugs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your Surly!!!-img_0232.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Good looking Pugs Akclimber!
    I put my Ogre on the other thread, but here's a couple of pics for this one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your Surly!!!-imag0647.jpg  

Post pics of your Surly!!!-imag0653.jpg  

trail rat
    Wow, talk about flashbacks! I was the west coast rep for Kirtland from 1979 to 1983 or so. Sweet to see them in use!
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Those paniers have been great, they probably have 12000 miles on them. They've been all over, from Canada to Mexico. I used to live near Boulder, they were an obvious choice back in the day. Its a small world.

trail rat
    Those paniers have been great, they probably have 12000 miles on them. They've been all over, from Canada to Mexico. I used to live near Boulder, they were an obvious choice back in the day. Its a small world.
    Yeah, sometimes too small!. With good and bad results, but i digress.

I just recently got back in touch with one of the two brothers who owned Hine/Kirtland. I'll pass your photo on to him, he will be pleased to hear they have stood up to that use through the years. Those were some of the last Made in USA products before the big offshore manufacturing push changed the outdoor products world forever. Not necessarily bad, I should add, but changed dramatically, and changed the lives of us deeply involved in it.

Thanks for the follow up information.
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    this is my 1x1, fixed gear, with resist nomad tyres, 700x45c, bmx stem, 3" riser bar, and DIY front rack

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Here is my ogre. First singletrack run today, with kenda kross 700 x 40's. Lots of fun as long as it's dry. Mostly going to be a commuter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your Surly!!!-photo-4-.jpg  

Post pics of your Surly!!!-photo-3-.jpg  

Post pics of your Surly!!!-photo-2-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

Good job!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Nice ride Mike. Careful, that green paint all but disappears in the woods. Should be interesting using aero-bars on single track! Just kidding. It'll be a good ride to work. Have fun.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Yeah, the aero bars are tricky in the woods. Bike handles very well on single track though. I noticed how quickly the bike blends though, my have to get an orange flag for the back

mtbr member
    Even though I am extremely happy with my Troll build, I do think a Cross Check is my next bike... Damn nice CCs on here folks!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I now have 2 Surlys!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I have got to buy a good camera ^^. Sorry guys & gals for cell phone pics!

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Page 43 of 78 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 53 ... LastLast