mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Ogres/Karate Monkeys/Rohloff/ Tugnut Consensus on QR?

I've done some searches and many seem to think XT or XTR skewers are the way to go if you can find XL versions.

Also it seems the older version of skewers is recommended over the latest ones.

Anyone got some links as to availability?
    UK/Europe preferred due to speedier postage to Australia but I'll take what I can get with a thank you from our USA brethren.

Anyone successfully using an alternative readily available?

Anyone tried Halo Porkies?

Thanks if you've got the time to respond.

I'm trying to move forward on my Ogre build.

My Son28 and CX-Ray spokes arrived today so after a long wait I can make moves to get my wheels built up.
    The Son came with a hex key skewer but the Hoff came without.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    After being overwhelmed with replies here I decided to order some Halo Porkies XL.
    Wiggle has put in their questions and answer section that they are only 135mm.
    I thought that couldnt be right or they wouldnt stick through to the other side of a standard hub.
    They have answered a lot of questions about these skewers with the same mantra though.
    I rung SJS cycles, also in the UK, and they very kindly went and measured some for me.
    Yes they are oversize. I've forgotten what he said but think it was 175mm and I'd need to cut them down.
    Guess who got the order with the other bits and bobs I wanted.
    So got SJS to send me the Porkies, 34T Thorn 110 mm 5 Arm Reversible Single Chainring, a couple of polished alloy Hope Space Doctor Headset Spacer Kits and an XTR brake cable set which I'm hoping is compatible with my recently arrived BB7's.
    I think the order was a few pound dearer with SJS but being able to get on the phone
    and receive some great service more than makes up for Wiggles lack of speed answering my questions via email. They dont appear to have a customer service phone number.
    For those following in my tyre prints, when they arrive I'll update the thread with a measurement as well as a pic and how I get on with getting the skewer holding the Hoff in my Ogre.