mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Oger and 50mil rabbit hole rim

I am currently running a salsa semi disk 30 mil rim on the back of my oger. I seems like I can fit a 2.4 - 2.5 max tire depending on the brand. Will a 50 mill rim with a 2.4 continental on racing ralph make much of a diference compaired to the 30 mill rim? Are their any pics out there of a oger with rabbit hole rims. Thanks.

Fat!Drunk!Slow!
    If you are looking for float, than yes, a 50 will flatten and widen a 2.4 RR, but with added weight. If you need float, just buy a fat bike. Don't waste your money! We are pretty sure most/some fat bikes will fit a rhole/knard combo.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I would buy a krampus but I realy like the rear triangle on my ogre, mabey I'll wait for the krampus/oger.

Fat!Drunk!Slow!
    I like my Ogre too but I will be saving the Knard for my fatbike. I've gone down the 45+mm 29er wheels being stuck on 2.55- rubber, I just seemed like a waste of money once fat/29+ came out.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Your probably right, sometimes I get to geeky. 30 mill is probably wide enough for the rear wheel.

Fat!Drunk!Slow!
    I use Velocity P35`s for my singletrack wheelset. They spread my WW 2.55s out much than a 21mm wide hoop does.