One What?

My Dilemma, Pugs or Dummy?

I have a Big Dummy that i love, but I really want a Pugs bad. My BD handles the majority of my riding and day to day chores. Plus, I have a 6yo I tote around on the snap deck from time to time. It's really nice to have the ability to do what I can do with that bike. However, I really can see myself getting into a Pugs. Today I went and test rode a Necromancer. It's a great bike but my style of riding is way more suited to a Pugsley. I really like the versatility of that bike. Unfortunately the bike store only had a 20" and I ride an 18". Or maybe not so unfortunately... My problem is I can only afford the Pugs if I sell the BD. I should mention I still have my original Xtracycle and old donor bike if I do unload it.

My riding consists of a daily 4 mile commute with usually just a lunch box but an occasional cargo load and then weekend single track rides and also errands. I could always outfit the new Pugs with rack and bags, but I already have that with the Dummy. But I'm lacking a good single track/all terrain bike. So what do you think? Should I pull the trigger?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Yes, especially if you still have an Xtracycle. Man I got excited, I have a 2 or so year old 18" Pugs and if your Dummy was 20" I would have offered to work out a trade, haha

One What?
    348 by fastfix, on Flickr[/IMG]

mtbr member
    The Pugs can pull a trailer for the kid and/or cargo.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

Fat!Drunk!Slow!
    I want both! Big Fat Dummy!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Keep the Dummy. I ride my Big Dummy almost every day and I have 15 other bikes in the garage, including a Pugs and Mukluk 2 (anyone want a nice 22" Pug?). Have a bike that works as a tool first, then get ones for play later.

One What?

... and if we just ...

^That's what I'm leaning towards. ^ Yes, the Pugs can pull a trailer and I can add racks, but that's all added expense. My Big Dummy can do most of what I need right now keeping me out of a car. I can always save up for the Pugs in addition to the Big Dummy it will just take a little longer. I guess I can handle the heckling from my buddies a little longer until I can toast 'em in the mud and snow!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFix View Post
    ^That's what I'm leaning towards. ^ Yes, the Pugs can pull a trailer and I can add racks, but that's all added expense. My Big Dummy can do most of what I need right now keeping me out of a car. I can always save up for the Pugs in addition to the Big Dummy it will just take a little longer. I guess I can handle the heckling from my buddies a little longer until I can toast 'em in the mud and snow!
    I'm half-heartedly shaking my fist at you, as our brief entertaining of trading bikes has caused me to sell my Pugsley this week, and now I'm deciding whether to buy a BD frame or complete