Tame the Penguin!

Monster Truck Rallye: Polar Express Pugs

I headed out last night in the Front Range foothills of Colorado near Estes Park with Cytoe, Venatarama, and Crash for an inaugural ride of two Pugsleys we've recently finished. We've been waiting for parts since I-bike and just finally got everything in. Thanks go out to Ventanarama for yet another top notch kick arse wheel build and component group.

Monster Truck Rallye:
    It had been snowing all day with 3-4" of fresh cyrstalline snow when we arrived at the Mt. Crosier singletrack trailhead. It continued to snow through most of our ride and WOW...what an awesome ride. The Pugs rides like a little Monster Truck....decimating all in it's path. With a smooth even cadence....the Pugs will tractor up surprisingly steep terrain in the fresh snow and for it's 36.5lbs, feels very nimble yet stable on the snow. The Pugs was much easier to pedal uphill than the 2.35 tire-d bikes that were slipping & sliding. The Pugs made short work of the snow. On the way down we dropped the front tire pressure to 5-7psi....and the traction under braking was silly awesome. The two Pugs left the other bikes in the dust. Ventanarama and I drove back to town together and laughed most of the way as we recalled our ride on the Pugs......smiles galore.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by El Beastro; 01-20-2006 at 12:56 PM.

Tame the Penguin!

More pics

More pics....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Brass Nipples!

Great stuff

My tires haven't tasted snow yet, but soon they will.
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

No, that's not phonetic
    The Beast does his Timmy Treadwell impersonation.

My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Tame the Penguin!
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    The Beast does his Timmy Treadwell impersonation.

Note how the large furry beast bows his head in submission. He's no match for the girth of my Endomorphs.

Medium?
    Must align tire and rim logos. Tsk, tsk. So very compelling and provocative otherwise...

Tame the Penguin!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddy
    Must align tire and rim logos. Tsk, tsk. So very compelling and provocative otherwise...

Hmmm...they were aligned when I started. The tires must have slipped on the rims due to the low air pressure (8psi front/9.5 psi rear).