mtbr member

meth teeth Steamroller price reduction?

$420.00 ==> $379.00

Not complaining, but what's up with a $41.00 price reduction?
    Linux is for those who hate Microsoft, BSD is for those who love UNIX.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I thought I read somewhere that Surly is doing some temporary price reductions across the board.

Also, it may be a slow mover now that everyone and their brother has tried fixed already.

get down!
    def. just the other competitors bringing the price down, making Surly have to compete with the $300 completes
    Rudy Projects look ridiculous

visit my blog, BEATS, BIKES & LIFE

One Colorful Rider
    I just looked at Dealer online Catalog

Surly Steamroller Frameset - MSRP: $420.00

Surly Steamroller Complete Bike - MSRP: $720.00

For All Colors

Surly Frames are Way Better than Online Cheapo Track Bikes

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Surly does not sell frames to the general public,they are a manufacturer, they sell to distributors, the distributor sells to the LBSes. How do they lower the price of something that distributors and bike shops have already paid for?

a lazy pedaler
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddle Up
    Surly does not sell frames to the general public,they are a manufacturer, they sell to distributors, the distributor sells to the LBSes. How do they lower the price of something that distributors and bike shops have already paid for?
    Come to Mexico and you'll be amazed by the f$%$ng high prizes because of the distributors/dealers/seller sh#T

as far as I know... QBP sets the final MSRP and dealers should respect it...so if someone is selling a bike/frame cheaper than the usual MSRP is because they have qbp permission (meaning discount on the QBP to Dealer cost) or may have some overstock and the maybe cutting their winnings a bit to let them go...but I'll go for the first, which could mean QBP has "a plan" in mind or actually overstock too

Also...I may be wrong but I guess some shops have a sort of "credit" with QBP and they pay them when the bike is actually sold....probably the Surly and Salsa high seller shops.

or I may be completely wrong and you should forget all I said (not the Mexico part though)

but yep..I saw the 379 tag too.
    Last edited by martinsillo; 03-29-2011 at 10:13 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddle Up
    MSRP = Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price

dealer price is often 40%-60% off MSRP

mtbr member
    Whatever the reason, for that price I might just pinch for another one and save it for a winter build. I have a black SteamRoller and love it.
    Linux is for those who hate Microsoft, BSD is for those who love UNIX.