mtbr member
    Jun 2013

looking for something very surly specific to purchase.

guys, i know this isnt a place to put a wtb ad, but this is the only place i feel like people would know what im talking about

upon recently (finally) acquiring my 2001 sub11 1x1, as well as a torsion bar, i was reminded of the 1x1 hubs they used to make, i figure i might as well build it up as period correct as possible, so im trying here to see if anyone has a set that isnt being used. willing to buy either the hubs or hubs and rims if they're laced to something nicer

Thanks!

Cycle Psycho
    Quote Originally Posted by kilroywashere View Post
    guys, i know this isnt a place to put a wtb ad, but this is the only place i feel like people would know what im talking about

upon recently (finally) acquiring my 2001 sub11 1x1, as well as a torsion bar, i was reminded of the 1x1 hubs they used to make, i figure i might as well build it up as period correct as possible, so im trying here to see if anyone has a set that isnt being used. willing to buy either the hubs or hubs and rims if they're laced to something nicer

Thanks!
    The older version of their disc/rear SS hub is on closeout at universalcycles here: Universal Cycles -- Surly New Disc Rear Hub

Unless you're looking for those really old ones that said, "1x1" on them and came on the Original Rat Ride 1x1. If so, good luck with that.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    i am looking for the really old ones that say 1x1 on them, i know its a long shot but they were kind of a pain in the ass to keep adjusted, so my hope is that someone has a few that are never used. the real set of wheels for this bike are going to be 650b with the surly ultra new hub, so these will just be laced to a sturdy 26" rim as an extra set...i've already found a 1x1 torsion bar, so i figure whats the hurt in asking if anyone has the hubs!

mtbr member
    There is a '1x1' flip flop rear hub on eBay right now, just over 5.5 days left on the auction.
    Mountain bikers who don't road ride have no legs...
    Road riders who don't mountain bike have no soul...

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    picked it up! thank you sir! now just on the lookout for a front!

mtbr member
    I'll keep an eye out as well!
    Mountain bikers who don't road ride have no legs...
    Road riders who don't mountain bike have no soul...

iphilrive