Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1360
    No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    Finally have my KMO put together. I still haven't taken it out for its maiden ride because the front brake is not working properly (will have that fixed soon enough), but I am really happy with the final product right now.

She is primarily a commuter bike for me at the moment (as the 48-36-26 crankset will attest to), but I have knobbies hanging in my garage I can use at any time.
    2013 Specialized Camber Comp
    2014 Trek Domane 4.0
    2015 Surly Karate Monkey Ops (the commuter)

mtbr member
    Finally got my bullmoose bars and feel like hamsterspam in straggler thread for posting my beloved KM so often :-)(B903 BULLMOOSE BAR by NITTO), they are awesome, I love the finish, handling, very comfy and lots of control and leverage when climbing or descending.
    Only minor cosmetic downside - alloy spacers I have are much thicker compared to steerer clamp area but oh well, I may need to splurge on some cromoly ones from Nitto

Don't believe everything you think

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    looks good to me! i like the rabbit holes...

new tires for the km,wtb trail boss 2.4's,gonna get another one for the rear ss wheel and a ranger 29x3 for the front wheel on the other set of wheels for this bike...also picked up a set of wheels built onto the alex adventurer rims that came with the ogre onto a new set of xt hubs...had the nanos laying around and a spare cassette...

Let's see your KM builds-dsc04398.jpgLet's see your KM builds-dsc04400.jpg

mtbr member
    How wide a tire would you go on the Alex rims? I'm using 2.1" Bontragers on mine now, but wouldn't mind going a bit bigger.
    2015 Surly Ice Cream Truck
    2016 Surly Ogre

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    i seem to recall the ogre came with 2.3's...

mtbr member
    I want you to know that I added ten gears to my (formerly) SS mint Monkey. Went with the 11-42 Sun Race cassette, SLX shifters/RD, and probably most interestingly, a Wolf Tooth oval chainring. The LBS was out of narrow wide round, so they had an oval laying around and threw it on. Have only had time for a quick spin around the lot, but it felt pretty nice. Will test it out this evening on a grocery run.

The more I ride this bike, the more I like it.
    2015 Trek Farley 6
    2009 Fuji Cross Comp
    2001 Schwinn Frontier SS

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    where you will really notice the oval is climbing,it really does improve traction control over a round ring,i dunno about the rest of the claims they make but for sure i have a waaay easier time with loose climbs now

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    got a new hope bottom bracket and set of quick release skewers in so i thought i would put the monkey back into mountain bike mode...

swapped in a set of race face riser bars and bumped the chainring down in size to a 32 tooth wolf tooth oval...

Let's see your KM builds-dsc04434.jpgLet's see your KM builds-dsc04436.jpgLet's see your KM builds-dsc04437.jpgLet's see your KM builds-dsc04438.jpgLet's see your KM builds-dsc04440.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    turns out the km is a kick ass mountain bike!
    who knew?

the shorter stem and wider riser bars really improved the handling...liking the wtb trailboss 2.4s,they seem to have enough volume to soak up the chatter pretty well,i went to the rockiest trails in the area,no rim strikes and they did good in the sandy bits,climbed and cornered well,even shrugged off a barrel cactus spine cluster..

Let's see your KM builds-img_20161202_120349646.jpgLet's see your KM builds-img_20161202_120526325.jpg

A God Without A Name
    Just got a mint Monkey frameset. while I was buying it I was looking at the geo chart for the first gen frame, which has an ETT of 565. this generation has an ETT of 575. This means the geometry on the bike just went from good, to better.

The ETT on the 2017 is too long for the urban intentions I have for this bike.

that being said, I intended to build this bike as a winter beater, using spare parts and parts off my Wolverine.

Now that I have it in my hands, I kind of want to go a bit nicer with it. I didn't expect it would look this good OR have this geometry.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728