Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    One Colorful Rider
    I Drive around in a 13 year old car with 75000 miles on it.
    I spend my on bikes not gas Read it and weep

Krampus 03

Cycle Psycho
    *oopspost*
    Last edited by Gritter; 02-18-2013 at 08:56 PM.

One Colorful Rider
    2 1/2 Hours on My Surly Krampus Today
    Surly Krampus First Ride.
    This mornings Weather Conditions 3" of Fresh Snow, Snow Flurries and 11 Degrees.
    As we Rolled out automatically The Krampus Felt Good. It Felt Fast, Rolled nicely and The Fit Was Perfect.
    I was unsure of tire pressure I think I started with roughly 20 but soon deflated more and more during this morning Ride. The Bike handles like a 29er but with more grip. Log- overs were easy as pie. There was some Ice under the snow which was good with a little finesse. It Crawls through tight single track around trees yet when you want to hammer, He Goes. It was a great First ride
    Merry Krampus!!

Seatpost is 330 long. No Toe Over Lap at All.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Normbilt!!
    Speaking as a fellow former 1x1 chubby rider, how's that krampus handling the snow compared to the old ride?
    my wife says I have to stop whining about fatbikes and get a real fatbike, but the krampus looks like it'd be more fun than a full fattie.
    I'm really leaning towards it since having a pair of 38mm kris holms means no immediate need for anything but the frameset and tires!
    If steel is real then aluminium is supercallafragiliniun!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Your 330mm of seatpost has inspired me!

I'm 5'8" with something like a 32.5" inseam, so a medium krampus would have me a bit stretched. But my current seatpost measurement indicates that with a small I'll have just under 300mm of post showing! I thought that was outrageous, but now I know someone else has more!

I will be running a layback thomson and probably a 90mm stem. on my current ride with ~8" of post showing, I bent non-thomson (cheap) posts every 3 or 4 months. My thomson has last more than a year with no bending, but I'm definitely skeptical that it'll last more than a year or two with 11" of leverage!

mtbr member

Re: KRAMPUS frameset= $724.99 ?

Quote Originally Posted by PretendGentleman View Post
    Your 330mm of seatpost has inspired me!

I'm 5'8" with something like a 32.5" inseam, so a medium krampus would have me a bit stretched. But my current seatpost measurement indicates that with a small I'll have just under 300mm of post showing! I thought that was outrageous, but now I know someone else has more!

I will be running a layback thomson and probably a 90mm stem. on my current ride with ~8" of post showing, I bent non-thomson (cheap) posts every 3 or 4 months. My thomson has last more than a year with no bending, but I'm definitely skeptical that it'll last more than a year or two with 11" of leverage!
    Just wondering.... If a medium would have you too stretched out, why run a 90mm stem and lay back seatpost? You could try a 60 mm stem and straight post on a medium.

Cycle Psycho
    *oopspost*
    Last edited by Gritter; 02-18-2013 at 08:55 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by thickfog View Post
    Just wondering.... If a medium would have you too stretched out, why run a 90mm stem and lay back seatpost? You could try a 60 mm stem and straight post on a medium.
    well, at the moment qbp has only small in stock. I also am fond of my current geometry. I expect that I'll end up running a straight thomson, which will move me 16mm forward, which will make the ett identical to my current bike.

I figure that if the small is too small or if the seatpost can't handle it, then by then I'll be able to order a medium and I'll sell the small.

mtbr member

Re: KRAMPUS frameset= $724.99 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gritter View Post
    It's hard to judge without seeing both in real life, but would this saddle match the finish on the Krampus??

(SOMA Ensho)

Close enough! Love it

PSYCHOLUST
    The idea that I have TWO choices,
    1)BUY it, which obviously confirms I believe the price makes perfect sense..... OR.....
    .2) believe that the price seems too high and DON'T BUY ONE.

seems a bit restrictive

I choose the THIRD option, I believe the price seems TOO high to be considered REASONABLE and I'm GETTING ONE......

I hope you didn't get a headache reading that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Kart Motzart View Post
    I never understand these price complaint threads. If you think it's over priced...don't buy it.

Just bought mine. Which other 29er plus frameset, rims and tires can I buy ( at any price?)?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2