mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Instigator v 2.0

I am really diggin this bike. Curious if anyone is thinking about building up a frame with tradition 26 wheels- I like the big wheels but wonder if I need all that rubber on the majority of my lcal trails.
    I guarantee I will never, ever be accused of bringing sexy back...

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    I just saw one at the Philly bike expo. What a burly ride it is.

Why I won't get one.

I'm 6'5" and it doesn't come big enough

I live in NJ and it is more bike than anywhere I'd ride.

It is ten times the bike that my skills would ever use.

I still want one heh.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Molasses View Post
    I like the big wheels but wonder if I need all that rubber on the majority of my lcal trails.
    Need? = No.

Enjoy? = quite likely!

I've had fun riding my Krampus and I can't think of one ride I went on where the 3" tires were needed. Yet I still grab that bike a lot.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I really am interested in this bike and the 26+ tire in general. I don't need one at all but can't wait to test ride one, especially on technical terrain. The 26+ tires combined with suspension should gobble rocks and off-camber chunk. I can't ride a hardtail very far due to my back but this new concept will likely provide some cushion. My dream bike right now is a fantasy...26+ 4" travel rear and 650b+ 4" travel front. Under 32 lbs. Just dreamin.
    I don't know what trail we're on, but at least it's getting dark

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    This bike does look like a lot of fun. Though, I keep thinking - why didn't they design it with full size Knard or Nate? That is the bike I've been lusting over recently. Front suspension correct, short wheelbase, slack head angle, short and slammed stem. I'm sure the lack of major brand suspension offerings is to blame, but I'm guessing we'll see more in the near future.

Sorry to derail, I still think this bike looks awesome! Nearly the ultimate hard tail.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mattgVT View Post
    This bike does look like a lot of fun. Though, I keep thinking - why didn't they design it with full size Knard or Nate? That is the bike I've been lusting over recently. Front suspension correct, short wheelbase, slack head angle, short and slammed stem. I'm sure the lack of major brand suspension offerings is to blame, but I'm guessing we'll see more in the near future.

Sorry to derail, I still think this bike looks awesome! Nearly the ultimate hard tail.
    Um, didn't you just describe the Krampus? There are rumors that a suspension fork is coming soon that will clear the Knard...

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I am thinking of 3.8" tires.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I can understand why they picked this size. It probably provides a really fun blend of crazy good traction with rock and chunk grippiness and absorption. The size might still be quick and fast compared to the ultra fat or ultra tall models. (ie, knard and nate) It probably inspires a lot of confidence compared to standard 2.1 - 2.3 tires.
    I don't know what trail we're on, but at least it's getting dark