mtbr member
    Apr 2006

How much should I ask for my LHT?

I am strongly considering selling my barely used LHT and buying an Ogre.

It's a 2010 in Blue, 58cm 700c... mileage is seriously like only around 150-180 miles.

It's a complete, but at delivery the LBS put a Cane Creek 110 headset on it, Salsa Woodchipper handlebar, and SKS P50 fenders.

It also has Nitto Albatross bars, with portuguese cork grips and brake levers/cables from Rivendell. And a VO setback seatpost, all this was from when the bike had an iBert on it. And the stock bars. So three bars total.

Oh, and the tires are Schwalbe Marathon Extreme in 40mm. Would come with the stock Contis with 10 miles on them too.

If this isn't allowed, please delete, I'm not trying to sneak a For Sale ad in, I just have no idea how to price a bike that is barely used with some add-ons.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I don't know. Sounds pretty tricked out. How about checking out the craigslist listingd in your area to gauge what similar bikes are going for?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by XJaredX View Post
    I am strongly considering selling my barely used LHT and buying an Ogre.

It's a 2010 in Blue, 58cm 700c... mileage is seriously like only around 150-180 miles.

It's a complete, but at delivery the LBS put a Cane Creek 110 headset on it, Salsa Woodchipper handlebar, and SKS P50 fenders.

It also has Nitto Albatross bars, with portuguese cork grips and brake levers/cables from Rivendell. And a VO setback seatpost, all this was from when the bike had an iBert on it. And the stock bars. So three bars total.

Oh, and the tires are Schwalbe Marathon Extreme in 40mm. Would come with the stock Contis with 10 miles on them too.

If this isn't allowed, please delete, I'm not trying to sneak a For Sale ad in, I just have no idea how to price a bike that is barely used with some add-ons.
    Sounds like something I would be interested in. I am going to try and test ride a 58 and a 60 this weekend to see which would fit me best.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bolandjd View Post
    I don't know. Sounds pretty tricked out. How about checking out the craigslist listingd in your area to gauge what similar bikes are going for?
    That's the problem, all that sells on CL around here is department store bikes, mostly. eBay only has one I think. I should probably try the Google LHT listgroup or whatever it's called

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Do you want to just move it or get your money back? $600 might get it off your hands in a hurry.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I think I want to straddle the "not cheap but not too much" line, haha. I'm usually good with gauging bike depreciation but I've never bought a bike and barely used it.
    Last edited by XJaredX; 06-18-2012 at 01:25 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    FWIW, I just ran across this ...

Long Haul Trucker