mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Freaky friday!!!

Not sure if this has been done yet so i thought i'd give it a try.
    I've been lusting over the Jones bikes builds, and i see how he's doing alot 29+ wheelsets on his bikes, 3" knard on front with a 2.4 Ardent on the back, i really want a Jones but not sure if i can justify the price, although if i could afford it i would.
    But then i dont' get all the bells and whistle options of the Ogre, so........

I took my Krampus wheelset off, took the rear off and put a 2.25 Nobby Nic i had, both split tube tubeless and chucked them on. Granted i had to semi deflate the Knard to get it past the canti bosses but as it is, it rides nice!

The Ogre was my dedicated tourer/commuter but now i think i'll switch that job over to my Cross Check. Although i can see some nice rail trail touring weekends done on this bad boy.

Thoughts?
    Thinking if i like it i may dremmel off those canti mounts to make it easier.

Oh i didn't stop there, chucked my 2" Mondials with my Ogre touring/commuting wheels on the Krampus, it's lost alot of weight!

I think this could be fun to ride to work on a nice day with a backpack, should be fun!

mtbr member
    Wow....that Krampus looks like a totally different bike with skinnies on it! Give a RR once you get some miles on it!

What rack is that on the Ogre? That bike just all around looks rad!

My friend has a Ti Jones and she loves it! They definately are eye catching rides, for sure!
    2010 Surly Conundrum
    2012 Pugsley
    2012 Felt Brougham
    2013 Salsa Colossal
    2013 All City Nature Boy
    2014 Big Dummy

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Nice to know that I can put some larger tires/Rims on the Ogre, now that I had to sell the pugs. :-(

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Now that it's winter I'll have more time to spend on the interwebs which will make it easier for me to keep track of the bikes people on this sub forum keep building. I have not noticed this bike in this configuration before. Well done Steve, do you still ride the Ogre like this?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by eredinger View Post
    Nice to know that I can put some larger tires/Rims on the Ogre, now that I had to sell the pugs. :-(
    The only way I could personally justify buying a Pugs would be if I had a second 29/29+ wheelset for it. The more I look at this Ogre the more I want a Pugs built this way.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Yep sure do, i actually got a new dynamo light set up for this bike when it's in touring mode, i put my 2" mondials back on it with the dynamo hub just to check it works then put these straight back on it. I love it like this. I currently have a 2.4 Ardent on the back with a Jones bar. thinking i should put on a set of Tug Nuts on it to bring the wheel back in the dropout a bit more, just give me a bit more clearance back there.