mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Fenders for a Cross Check?

Can anyone recommend fenders. I would like the kind that wrap around the wheel a bit, and that attach to the frame. Not the kind you clip on to your seat post. F & R Proud owner of a 54 brown CC.

mtbr member
    Planet Bike (Cascadia or Hardcore) are readily available and work fine. SKS models are also nice.

mtbr member
    I'm using Planet Bike Cascadia fenders on my CC. They work great and fit up easily.

powered by peanut butter.
    I'm happy with the SKS commuter fenders I put on my CC. Also considered the planet bike hardcore fenders, but went for the SKS because I found a good deal on them.
    "Never trust a man in a blue trench coat. Never drive a car when you're dead." -- Tom Waits

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Cascadias here

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Anyone running fenders with 700x38 knobbies?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

cross tires?

Follow up...I have some cross tires on the CC. Forgot the size but maybe 700 by 32? Will fenders fit on fatter cross tires? THX!!

mtbr member

Sks

SKS fenders, model P45 with Velo Orange leather flaps work great. I've used these fenders with Schwalbe 700x40 tires and they've worked great. I think these are 700x35 tires in the photos.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Ditto on the SKS P45's. I'm building a CC and running studded Nokian 45C's; plenty of
    clearance.

powered by peanut butter.
    The SKS commuter fenders come in a 45mm size, which is more than enough for the stock Ritchy speedmax tires (700x32).
    "Never trust a man in a blue trench coat. Never drive a car when you're dead." -- Tom Waits

lord of my world
    I had a set of modified Planet Bike Hardcores that I ran with WTB Mutano 44's, but it was tight!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I have the SKS P50s on my CC with WTB 44mm Muties. It is tight and I haven't had a chance to take them on a proper ride to see if it is even practical. Annything smaller should be fine though.

Did I catch a niner?
    Quote Originally Posted by JAG410
    Anyone running fenders with 700x38 knobbies?
    I run 47c Smart Sams (not on a CC) with fenders, I also have a set of Nashbar 38c that I will run. I use the SKS Hybrid fenders and everything fits fine.
    Mr. Krabs: Is it true, Squidward? Is it hilarious?
    https://www.dollarshaveclub.com/ref/...A0CC/s/tx/cx/1

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I have the SKS P35's and can fit a 32 tire, but it's real tight. I run 28's most of the time and the clearance is perfect. If you're going to run a big tire make sure to get a big fender. You can always get a really wide fender and run any tire you want, but humongous fenders over skinny tires looks a little funny.

forgot to mention... the SKS & PB fenders are very similar in most respects. I've had the SKS P35's on my crosscheck for a whole lot of thousands of miles and they are beat up, but still work fine.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

wow

Lots of information. Thanks for the feedback!!