Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    309

    Does Kenda Karma 29x1.9" fit into Crosscheck?

    Anyone tried a Surly Crosscheck Monstercrosser setup with a Kenda Karma 29x1.9"?
    Does it fit?
    If yes - whats the inner width of the used rim?

    How much clearance is there?

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    874

    Yes, but just...

    The Karma does fit a CC if the wheel is all the way back in the dropout, but just barely. If I crank on the bike hard enough I can make it rub the chain stays. Not an ideal setup but it will work. I'm using Salsa 22.5 mm wide rims.
    I have an older CC with the old dropouts, so a newer CC with the newer ones will allow the wheel to slide farther back creating more clearance, but not sure how much. Hope this helps

    P

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by DerBergschreck View Post
    Anyone tried a Surly Crosscheck Monstercrosser setup with a Kenda Karma 29x1.9"?
    Does it fit?
    If yes - whats the inner width of the used rim?

    How much clearance is there?
    DerBergschrech, what did you come up with? I'm trying to convert my CC into a monstercross and was wondering on what tire to use for the rear. I'm changing the fork to a 29er fork so thats not a problem.

    Thanks Terry

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dfltroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    613

    Wtb

    I wish WTB would bring back their 700x44 Nanoraptors (Mutano?). Those were perfect for the CC.
    All good expeditions should be simple in concept, difficult in their execution and satisfying to remember--Alastair Humphreys

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    874

    Bontrager

    makes a 1.8 29er tire that may offer a better fit on your CC

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: keith13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    341
    Quote Originally Posted by twklei View Post
    DerBergschrech, what did you come up with? I'm trying to convert my CC into a monstercross and was wondering on what tire to use for the rear. I'm changing the fork to a 29er fork so thats not a problem.

    Thanks Terry
    Terry, do you have a monstercross thread? I am thinking about monstercrossing my CC and I am not sure which way to go?
    2007'ish Heckler and 2006 Chameleon
    If anyone needs the help of a prototype/custom machinist let me know.

  7. #7
    singlespeed stephen
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    31
    Having trouble finding those Bontrager 1.8's. Where'd you guys get 'em?
    2012 Transition TransAM
    2012 Surly Cross Check
    2010 Rocky Mountain Flow DJ

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,942
    Quote Originally Posted by speederson View Post
    Having trouble finding those Bontrager 1.8's. Where'd you guys get 'em?
    x2... or do you have a model name?

    I am running 32s right now, but with more off road riding I want a chunkier tire.

  9. #9
    singlespeed stephen
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    31
    Idk... I'm running 35c that roll pretty well on the road. Just wondering where to get those Bonty's and what price they run.
    2012 Transition TransAM
    2012 Surly Cross Check
    2010 Rocky Mountain Flow DJ

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •