mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Does anyone have two Crosschecks?

I currently have a CC set up as my quick commuter (Sram Force, lighter wheels, etc.) and it is a pain to attach racks and adapter every time I want to get groceries or haul the kids around. I am considering a new/ used CC set up more dirt road, grocery getter, fat tire, monstercross style. Does anyone have this type of dilemma? Thanks in advance for your replies!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I don't have two CCs, but I do have a steel Vaya and a CC. I run the Vaya as my touring/commuter with a triple, racks, lights, etc and I use the CC as a fat tire, single speed cruiser.

Although at the moment, my Vaya has 700X37 fat all terrain tires....

@adelorenzo
    Trailer maybe? That new Surly one looks nice.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    A have a LHT beast of burden to go w/ zippy SSFG CC

mtbr member
    I had that same problem, I have my CC setup as a light commuter/training machine. So I got a trek 4300 hybrid to pull the kids or haul groceries around. I hated spending more time wrenching on bike, than I would actually need the new function.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008

I can relate

My crosscheck keeps getting heavier and more utilitarian and I've definitely found myself wishing for a second one. I scored a Bridgestone RB-1 at the local bike swap a few weeks ago, and I think it will compliment the CC nicely.