mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Did a rebuild on the Ogre

Turned it into a monster cross, single speed commuter. Shimano cranks (36x15), and 36 spoke Chukkers on xt hubs. By far, my favorite bike to ride. the drops on the woodchipper bar matches up to my shoulders like they were made for it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Good looking rig!
    The LBS I support - www.atownbikes.net

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Very cool. The OD green frame is perfect and it looks great with the wooden backdrop in your pictures.

What do you carry on your typical commute? How about a picture of it loaded? Where do you "park" when at work?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasbien View Post
    Very cool. The OD green frame is perfect and it looks great with the wooden backdrop in your pictures.

What do you carry on your typical commute? How about a picture of it loaded? Where do you "park" when at work?
    I use Ortlieb panniers, which house the typical stuff (bike stuff, clothes, etc). The bike isnt light to begin with and with my 250lbs or more + the loaded panniers I'm sure it can get close to 300lbs on certain days (hence the 36 x 15 gearing).

I'm lucky in the fact my work has secure, indoor bike racks.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    More changes. I've been riding at the velodrome lately and have the track bug. Had a fixed gear wheel buillt (48spoke Chukkers on a Surly hub). Also added a new seat and a Cinelli pista bar. Still running the front disc brake. The gearing allows me to run 20-22 mph on the flats at a good pace.

I Ride for Donuts
    Yes! Another drop-bar Ogre. Yours is cool but I was first. Just sayin And be careful in the drops or that steerer tube is going to poke you in the eye.
    You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

mtbr member
    I love my Ogre for the fact it can be most any bike you want it to be. About the only thing you couldn't use it for is as a track bike at a velodrome..... oh ... well.... wait. I guess you can!