Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1103
    mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    You can try to find old style Thomson Elites on sale. I bought mine for about 40$

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Cross Check pics please

Here's mine. New dark and dirty blue. Love it. Deore drivetrain with 105 shifters, Thomson seat post, and midge dirt drops. I'm still figuring out how low I want the bars considering you spend most time in the drops with the midge. I usually ride a 56cm but went with a 54. Think I should have stuck with 56 but regardless, I'm still very happy with the ride.

Check out the spacer height in the second pic :O

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's something about those long grueling climbs that gets my front end all stiff... And I'm not talking about lockout...

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Cool-blue Rhythm

Cross Check pics please-monster-check.jpg
    Monster check

Team Inflexible

Re: Cross Check pics please

mtbr member
    My Surly No5 rolling last week.
    My big bro gave me his 4 year old fixie bike- a UK made Pearson Touche, which was too small at a 52cm frame for myself. A 56cm CC frameset turned up on eBay, i won the auction, and have since sold the Pearson frame to re-coup some of the outlay, and vola a fixie Cross-Check

24th May 063 by coastkid71, on Flickr

24th May 066 by coastkid71, on Flickr

24th May 065 by coastkid71, on Flickr

24th May 072 by coastkid71, on Flickr

24th May 076 by coastkid71, on Flickr

27th May; midweek Cycle- 35 miler 002 by coastkid71, on Flickr

27th May; midweek Cycle- 35 miler 003 by coastkid71, on Flickr

27th May; midweek Cycle- 35 miler 015 by coastkid71, on Flickr

Blog post of the build here;
    coastrider: Checkmate!, Fixie build...time for more single speeding...
    plan it...build it....ride it...love it....
    http://coastkid.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Nice pics, coastkid.

From today's mixed terrain ride. Some pretty rough descents, but lots of fun. Rock n Roads performed flawlessly, once again. I had them at about 55psi, as I was afraid of pinch flats down the rocky parts. Rattled through and luckily no flats.

mtbr member

Traveller's Check.

Looks like the Traveller's Check is making a comeback. Can't grab the link but go to the bikes page and check it out. Also, the Cross Check will be orange this year. I don't get too excited about colors but an orange CC is pretty cool.
    All good expeditions should be simple in concept, difficult in their execution and satisfying to remember--Alastair Humphreys

A God Without A Name
    That is a sexy orange. Does anyone want to Email surly and ask if there is an RAL code for that?

I've done it so many times I think they might be sick of me.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Oh, man, the Dark Dirty Blue was just trumped by Dream Tangerine. Love that color.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by phsycle View Post
    Oh, man, the Dark Dirty Blue was just trumped by Dream Tangerine. Love that color.
    Check the color on the SS CC--Cuba Libre.

Cross-Check SS | Bikes | Surly Bikes

Lots of good colors this year.
    Last edited by dfltroll; 07-18-2014 at 12:31 PM. Reason: forgot link
    All good expeditions should be simple in concept, difficult in their execution and satisfying to remember--Alastair Humphreys

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dfltroll View Post
    Check the color on the SS CC--Cuba Libre.

Cross-Check SS | Bikes | Surly Bikes

Lots of good colors this year.
    I like this even more than the new orange! I really want one of these...

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    What, another black CC? Meh. The previous grey-blue Blark Due is only eclipsed by the older pale-grey.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dfltroll View Post
    Looks like the Traveller's Check is making a comeback. Can't grab the link but go to the bikes page and check it out. Also, the Cross Check will be orange this year. I don't get too excited about colors but an orange CC is pretty cool.
    Time to sell my standard CC!
    The LBS I support - www.atownbikes.net

mtbr member
    I had some random thoughts about selling my CC--with my new Velo Orange Camargue taking care of my utility riding, and an old Trek 620 for fixed gear duties, the CC didn't really have a role. But after seeing Psychle's flat bar CC, I had to have one. Luckily, I had all the spare parts in my garage to build up something similar:

I find I'm really enjoying this build, light and simple and quick. It's my go-to bike for medium paced solo rides.
    WTB: Specialized AWOL XL, Salsa Fargo gen 2 XL, Salsa El Mariachi 2014+ XL
    My blog about bikes and playgrounds.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by phsycle View Post

That is sick! I can see why it would be an inspiration...

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I see Surly has a new Cross Check "Coming Soon" : Cross-Check | Bikes | Surly Bikes

Anyone have any thoughts on when "soon" might be????

Looks like the updated some of the components on the full build...mainly looks like it is a now a 10-speed as opposed to 9-speed cog. Would be silly to buy the current model with a new one right around the corner...right?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ach-alx View Post
    Would be silly to buy the current model with a new one right around the corner...right?
    Not necessarily. If you want a more traditional CX build, you better grab this year's model before they run out. The new build is completely different with Knards, v-brakes, wide space gearing - a rim-brake Straggler. More of a monstercross/gravel grinder than CX. Pretty cool.
    Surly Cross Check: fat tire roadie
    Surly LHT: Kid hauler
    On One Inbred: SS 26er

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by seat_boy View Post
    I had some random thoughts about selling my CC--with my new Velo Orange Camargue taking care of my utility riding, and an old Trek 620 for fixed gear duties, the CC didn't really have a role. But after seeing Psychle's flat bar CC, I had to have one. Luckily, I had all the spare parts in my garage to build up something similar:
    I like your taste in bikes. I have an '83 Trek 500 set up fixed, a Rawland Stag, and of course the CC. In about a month, there will be a new iteration of the CC. Despite the other bikes I have, the CC definitely ranks up there. Only reason I would sell this one is to get the new orange...

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    It's my go-to bike for medium paced solo rides.
    Really!? I thought the Camargue handled so much better? I knew you couldn't get rid of your CC so easily.

mtbr member
    I actually had a CL ad posted for it, but I somewhat subconsciously set the price a bit too high I am thinking about a low trail fork for the CC, though, if the rumored Soma Champs-Elysees fork ever comes out.

With three road bikes in the garage (and three mountain), I'm starting to get the itch to thin the herd though...

Quote Originally Posted by bolandjd View Post
    Really!? I thought the Camargue handled so much better? I knew you couldn't get rid of your CC so easily.
    WTB: Specialized AWOL XL, Salsa Fargo gen 2 XL, Salsa El Mariachi 2014+ XL
    My blog about bikes and playgrounds.

mtbr member

Klunkercross.

I've had my CC for 8yrs this Sept. It's been through so many changes. I've threatened to sell it but just can't bring myself to put it up for sale. It's a perfect commuter and a great all-road rambler. It's been set up as a SS commuter for the past couple of months with rack, fenders and flat pedals. I took all that stuff off earlier this year and set it up as a Klunkercross earlier this year. It was great. If I wasn't so lazy I'd probably set it up as shown in the second photo which is from 7yrs ago when it was set-up as a 1x9 with a flat bar and 44mm tires.

Is it possible that the CC is too versatile?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cross Check pics please-image.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I actually had a CL ad posted for it, but I somewhat subconsciously set the price a bit too high I am thinking about a low trail fork for the CC, though, if the rumored Soma Champs-Elysees fork ever comes out.

With three road bikes in the garage (and three mountain), I'm starting to get the itch to thin the herd though...
    Sounds like a cool project. I read a blog post somewhere from a guy who had his fork reraked by a local framebuilder to decrease the trail. Can't remember if it was a CC or LHT. The guy seemed to like it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Freshened Up Cross Check

Cross Check pics please-img_2447.jpgCross Check pics please-img_2448-2-.jpg

New rubber - 38mm Compass Barlow Pass tires

and

New handlebar - Nitto "Mark's" Bar

Liking the setup. Those Compass tires are smooooooth. And fast, despite the huge size. Plus, I think they fill out the frame nicely. The Mark's bar has a good deal less reach than the Nitto Rando bars I had on before, which improved the fit just so. They look a little weird at the angle I have them, but are very comfy in the drops.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Todays Ride

Took a nice little 24 mile ride on some of California's lush green valley dirt roads.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cross Check pics please-photo-3.jpg  

Cross Check pics please-photo-2.jpg  

Cross Check pics please-photo-1.jpg  

The LBS I support - www.atownbikes.net

mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast