Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 ... LastLast
    I <3 29ers
    Okay, so yeah ... PICS! Well, just one for now, but it illustrates the changes. Radically different than what I was running before. Will post up more/better pics when I get the cockpit a little better dialed-in and grip tape wrapped. This bike continues to primarily be my commuter to work and back. In this trim it won't be seeing much offroad duty (35s are just too small for my scrawny, boney butt! lol). I also have a Kona Blast that's gettin' a little love for similar duty, so there's some "competition" between the two. One of them might get "the boot" later this year. Might.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cross Check pics please-015_gimp.jpg  

I ..... need ..... DIRT!!!!!

... and cookies.

mtbr member
    AndrewTO- Nice Bike! I like the bomb proof down tube shifters for commuting as well.

You also get points for being punctual.

Nice build.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    AndrewTO, Thats a 60cm frame right? What size/angle stem do you have on there? Just trying to figure things out on my CC.

Self-defeatist
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTO View Post
    Okay, so yeah ... PICS! ...
    Real NICE! I like that build, especially the DT shifters.

What's your commute like? Do you find you get fast tire wear on the knobbies? I'm heavy too, and I run smooth 32c Specialized tires on a 25km commute. Mix of pavement, rail-trails, dirt roads, and city streets.
    I'm covered in beer.

I <3 29ers
    Thanks guys!

The frame is indeed a 60cm. I'll have to get back to you guys in a few hours about the reach and rise.

As for my commute - it's 13 km each way, all paved. I'm a scrawny bastard and don't make much power, so I don't usually break anything or wear tires out very fast because i'm always swapping them for something else. As such, I can't say squat about tire wear. I ran the Kenda Karma 1.9s for about a dozen trips to work and back and about half-dozen offroad rides. They have held up well showing no signs of wear thus far. I swapped those out for Kenda Happy Mediums and those have been strictly used on road (okay okay, and maybe a couple of front lawns lol SSSHHHHH!!!!! ), easily 30 trips. The SB8 35s that you see now don't even have 100 km on them because I keep swapping them out for bigger (read: higher volume) tires. Thought i'd give them yet another try. I like the *thought* of the lighter, faster tires, but I don't like the *feel* of them, despite playing with pressures. They're fine on the smooth paved roads, but on sidewalks and the lumpy paved shoulders they're hell (imho, of course).

I'm trying to fight off yet another "I want a road bike" urge with this build. :/ I always love the efficiency and feel and the instant acceleration, but as soon as the road goes for a crap the love is quick to disappear. The steel and 35s should *theoretically* make up for this, but it usually doesn't work that way.

Damn that inedible cake theory!!!!

... and cookies.

I <3 dirt

Cross Check pics please

Got some trp brakes to replace my old beat up shorty 6's. no more turkey gobble! Also got some new pedals.

WHY ARE YOU YELLING??!1

I <3 29ers
    Okay, stem is 20* rise and 80mm reach.

... and cookies.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    The green CC looks awesome!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by CBUL View Post
    evandy- You will dig the blue! What size is that?
    Just picked it up; it's a 54cm. I was worried about the size, but when standing flat-footed on the ground it's JUST ok with the standover height, so I definitely don't want anything bigger. Still need to add the rack and lights, but... the Blue is FANTASTIC. A lot more grey than in looks online, but I really like it. I don't have a kickstand for this yet, which makes this the first bike that I haven't had a kick for. We'll see how it goes and whether or not I feel like I need to add one.

Pictures soon, when I have a chance to get everything put together.

After riding my big dummy around all winter this feels so light that it's crazy.

EDIT: Everything on but the water bottle cages. Will do that tomorrow and take some pictures with the bright sunlight. I may need to play with the mounting of my fenders and rack; I'm not very happy with them sharing the same eyelet, but that was the easy way to get everything together. IT can certainly live that way until I start needing to haul some bigger loads.

EDIT2: I played with the rack mount again this evening and managed to get the rack and fenders attached to different braze-ons. Should be less shearing action on the bolts, now.
    Last edited by evandy; 03-30-2013 at 08:03 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Ok, finally got some pictures taken... here we go:

Full bike:

Luxos-B dynamo headlight and Alfine dyno-hub:

Tubus Rack, Carradice saddlebag, Toplight Line Plus tail light:

And, of course, my personal bike mechanic:

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by evandy View Post
    And, of course, my personal bike mechanic:
    Awww, so cute.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Bike is sweet too. I dig the Dark Dirty Blue. Nice Carradice as well.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by BrennanJay View Post
    Awww, so cute.
    If you can't tell, she has my 3-way park tool and is attaching my water bottle cages. She's expensive, though. She only accepts dinner, bike rides, and stories as payment.
    Last edited by evandy; 03-30-2013 at 07:11 PM.

mtbr member
    Right on! Nice bike set up. Your little girl is just a Doll!

Congrats on both!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by evandy View Post
    Umm. 2 posts above yours has the pictures?
    Yeah, I just noticed and edited my post right before you posted. That was a fast response time. The bike looks great. Nothing like picking up a new bike.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by BrennanJay View Post
    Yeah, I just noticed and edited my post right before you posted. That was a fast response time. The bike looks great. Nothing like picking up a new bike.
    Caught me browsing the forum... however, there's definitely something better than picking it up: Riding it!