Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Maxxis Beaver Fits, but very-very tight.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by sven98 View Post
    Brdpkns, which model/size Schwalbes are those? Looks great!
    Thanks! 700x38 Marathon Plus. 6,000 miles and not one flat.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by nameresu View Post
    Maxxis Beaver Fits, but very-very tight.

And still room for fenders!!! What size? Any side pics?

mtbr member

Taking me to campus.

mtbr member
    My latest addition, an entry level Sanyo dyno hub and Avenir light:

I took a quick spin around the block tonight, and it puts out a decent amount of light. Certainly enough for riding at night, though I miss the ability to look around corners like I can with a helmet mounted light.
    WTB: Niner SIR9, size L, first gen
    My blog about bikes and playgrounds.

mtbr member
    Oneof of my favorite threads, cant wait to get mine rolling. Thanks for the motivation guys.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by brdpkns View Post
    And still room for fenders!!! What size? Any side pics?
    Sure. No room for fenders with Beaver. Well, you can almost literally squeeze beavers and fenders, but there will be not enough mud clearance between fender and tire.

Rear tire is Marathon Supreme 28x2.0 ( 46mm real width ). Beaver exist in only one size, 29x2.0. Width is exact 50mm on Salsa Delgado Cross, and fit is very tight in the fork, because of crown. If you use narrower rims, like 17mm inner width, there will be 1mm more space on each side.

All pictures clickable to full size

Some action

mtbr member

If you had to chose one bike... blah, blah, blah

For the Zombie-Apocalypse I would choose my Pugsley but for your average post-war/mid-marriage/beginner-dad/world-tour/dirt-munching scenarios probably the Cross-Check.

Bike Path Madness 1

Road Train

Defence Area

Westlake Rowing Eight

Road Bike

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    My fiancÚ and her Cross Check got hit by a car 4 months ago. One shoulder ligament repair surgery and a new fork later, here she is on her first ride back.

mtbr member
    After an altercation with a stop-sign-blowing Volkswagen. Bad picture from heat of the moment documentation. Front wheel tacoed. Haven't had time to really check for any frame damage. Other bits scratched and scuffed, with a shattered taillight. Fortunately no bodily injuries for either party! I put a good back-print in her hood though. Something to remember me by. Officer assisted in exchange of information. I'll be contacting her insurance provider.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Here is how my CC currently sits (minus the sunshine)

I am also off the bike after getting hit by a car in August, waiting on the shoulder to regrow. Good to hear the other car-bike folks are some amount of better.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Regards,
    Michael

CS2
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikarus View Post

Back in black, that's a really nice looking bike. Great job
    A garage full of steel frames means happiness.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    On her maiden voyage before the rain and mud from today.

She weighs in at 21.5 lbs.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cross Check pics please-uploadfromtaptalk1353705350624.jpg  

Cross Check pics please-uploadfromtaptalk1353705367704.jpg  

CS2
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by webmstrk9 View Post
    On her maiden voyage before the rain and mud from today.

She weighs in at 21.5 lbs.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    21.5 lbs isn't bad at all for a bike that's supposedly a heavy steel. Actually it's darn good.

powered by peanut butter.
    Somewhere in the middle of a metric century gravel grind.

"Never trust a man in a blue trench coat. Never drive a car when you're dead." -- Tom Waits

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Wheelset from pregnant wife's bike + 29er tires = Monster Cross Check!

Since my wife is too pregnant to ride her roadbike, I thought it would be a shame for her wheelset to go idle. Changing tires is such a PITA when I want to monstercross the CC. Fortunately, her wheels are built with gloriously beefy Mavic CXP22 rims just begging for big knobby tires. Turns out the CXP22's have the same width as the Mavic MA3's on my bike. Easy swap. I'm in business After the first ride, the road cassette that was on there made for steeper gearing than I prefer for offroad endevers. Thankfully, I had an 8 speed mountain cassette in the garage. Threw that on there and...perfection. Another easy swap thanks to the magic of friction shifting. The Cross Check is so versatile.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cross Check pics please-photo-3-.jpg  

CS2
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bolandjd View Post
    Since my wife is too pregnant to ride her roadbike, I thought it would be a shame for her wheelset to go idle. Changing tires is such a PITA when I want to monstercross the CC. Fortunately, her wheels are built with gloriously beefy Mavic CXP22 rims just begging for big knobby tires. Turns out the CXP22's have the same width as the Mavic MA3's on my bike. Easy swap. I'm in business After the first ride, the road cassette that was on there made for steeper gearing than I prefer for offroad endevers. Thankfully, I had an 8 speed mountain cassette in the garage. Threw that on there and...perfection. Another easy swap thanks to the magic of friction shifting. The Cross Check is so versatile.
    I hope your wonderful wife doesn't see what became of her cross err I mean road bike.