Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ze_Zaskar View Post
    I really like the looks of you bike. What size are those tires?

Great Defender by the way
    Panaracer Fire Cross 700x45c. 10/10 off-road, 2/10 riding on the pavement.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I bought a 50cm CC in black for my wife earlier this year, I wanted to get her the Robin Egg Blue but it would have been a few month wait. Now that I really look at her ride it I think the shorter top tube of the 46cm would have been better. I normally ride a 52-53cm but based on the TT length the 50cm CC would fit me perfectly.

If I was any kind of husband I would buy her the 46cm Robin Egg Blue CC and I would inherit the 50cm black CC. Yeah, that's the ticket I'm really doing this for her, the fact that I would have myself a beautiful black CC is secondary. It's all about making her happy, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    So, I've got an older (2006 I think) 'cross-check. Dark metallic green. It's a pretty color, but there are a few rust spots now, and a spot where I had a crack welded. Thinking of stripping it this winter and painting it sparkly purple. Or something else wild. Any other goofy ideas? I've had a hot pink bike before, and don't want to be quite that bright...

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by willapajames View Post
    So, I've got an older (2006 I think) 'cross-check. Dark metallic green. It's a pretty color, but there are a few rust spots now, and a spot where I had a crack welded. Thinking of stripping it this winter and painting it sparkly purple. Or something else wild. Any other goofy ideas? I've had a hot pink bike before, and don't want to be quite that bright...
    Strip it down, polish a little, put decals on, clear coat

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Hi. Can anyone suggest MTB front derailleur that works with full size fenders on cross check? I figured it must be high clamp ( bottom swing ) , universal or bottom pull.

mtbr member

Fenders & FD

Quote Originally Posted by nameresu View Post
    Hi. Can anyone suggest MTB front derailleur that works with full size fenders on cross check? I figured it must be high clamp ( bottom swing ) , universal or bottom pull.
    You might try this one if you're running a triple:
    Shimano Deore XT front derailer - 17160

Or this one if you're running a double:
    Shimano Front Derailleur CX70, dbsm
    All good expeditions should be simple in concept, difficult in their execution and satisfying to remember--Alastair Humphreys

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by brdpkns View Post
    Strip it down, polish a little, put decals on, clear coat
    Nah, it's been subtle it's whole life (the dark green looks black from a distance). Time for something wild! It probably won't last much longer anyway with the way I've been riding it lately.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Good lookin' CC. Which Kendas are you running?

Custom User Title
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessontrail View Post
    Good lookin' CC. Which Kendas are you running?

Karma 29x1.9

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

nude CC

stripped CC in commuter mode
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cross Check pics please-photo-small-.jpg  

'One Mind, One Gear, One Love'

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Who cares about the bike. Love the Defender!

mtbr member

Winter commuter.

So yet again my Cross Check gets the call-up for winter commuting duty. It was nice having it set-up with drops for a while but I have a couple of other bikes set-up with drops. I stripped it of gears and put the Nitto Albatross bars back on. I may switch them out for a Moloko bar later on. The tires are Schwalbe Marathons 700x38. They're great for commuting and the occasional dirt excursion. The fenders are SKS P45s that are about 5yrs old. Should they finally crack I'll replace them with the newere P50s.

It's been fun riding this bike around today. It makes me want to swap out the drops on my LHT...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cross Check pics please-wcc1.jpg  

Cross Check pics please-wcc2.jpg  

All good expeditions should be simple in concept, difficult in their execution and satisfying to remember--Alastair Humphreys

singlespeed stephen
    Apr 2012

2012 56cm Cross Check

I live 5 miles from an awesome XC trail, I ride this out there, put in six or so miles of tough xc riding and head back home. Running 38 x 16 ratio. Fix/Free rear wheel. 35c Kenda Small Block 8's
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cross Check pics please-photo-nov-01-7-32-23-pm.jpg  

2012 Transition TransAM
    2012 Surly Cross Check
    2010 Rocky Mountain Flow DJ

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by single-trac-mind View Post
    my crosscheck
    I am very impressed with this bike steel is real baby
    Where'd you get that spoke protector?

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    img.photobucket.com/albums/v57/bagxlee/92572f3459b224f7d1648e6ac344e3b0.jpg
    Hey brdpkns, thats a nice Cross Check. Looks like youre using it in rougher terrain.
    Are you happy with these Shimano pedals? Ive got the same and i like the versitality. Altough they ar not fun to use offroad not clipped in. Iam thinking about to put some pins trough the outer frame of the pedal.
    Regards,
    Michael

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikarus View Post
    Hey brdpkns, thats a nice Cross Check. Looks like youre using it in rougher terrain.
    Are you happy with these Shimano pedals? Ive got the same and i like the versitality. Altough they ar not fun to use offroad not clipped in. Iam thinking about to put some pins trough the outer frame of the pedal.
    The pedals do what I need them to. I wear clipless shoes 95% of the time. Only time I use the platforms is on quick beer runs or whatever. They're worthless offroad.

Ariolimax columbianus
    Quote Originally Posted by dfltroll View Post
    So yet again my Cross Check gets the call-up for winter commuting duty. It was nice having it set-up with drops for a while but I have a couple of other bikes set-up with drops. I stripped it of gears and put the Nitto Albatross bars back on. I may switch them out for a Moloko bar later on. The tires are Schwalbe Marathons 700x38. They're great for commuting and the occasional dirt excursion. The fenders are SKS P45s that are about 5yrs old. Should they finally crack I'll replace them with the newere P50s.

It's been fun riding this bike around today. It makes me want to swap out the drops on my LHT...
    Do you think you could fit the 47c marathons Rivendell sells w/the p50 fenders front and rear? Nice bike. Thanks.

mtbr member

Clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by nativeson View Post
    Do you think you could fit the 47c marathons Rivendell sells w/the p50 fenders front and rear? Nice bike. Thanks.
    I don't think so. I think this is pretty much the max, with a fender. I have those tires and fit them on the CC before but there's no clearance for fenders.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    It is. Schwalbe Marathon Supreme 28x2.0" ( 46mm real width ) on delgado cross, SKS PET fenders, 53-55mm wide. Mine is black.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-U...5045030814.jpg

mtbr member
    I've fit those tires(they really measure around 42-44) in mine with fenders, but its super tight in back. Front fits a bit cleaner but gets rub-age on rough surfaces and such girations.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Winter Mode for the Cross Check

Ariolimax columbianus
    Quote Originally Posted by dfltroll View Post
    I don't think so. I think this is pretty much the max, with a fender. I have those tires and fit them on the CC before but there's no clearance for fenders.
    Ordered some p50 fenders and some Schwalbe Marathon Mondial 700x40 wire beads from Universal Cycles for my new Cross Check frame. Hoping everything fits. Post some pics here within a week or so.

mtbr member
    That combo should be dandy

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Brdpkns, which model/size Schwalbes are those? Looks great!

Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast