Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
Results 1,501 to 1,502 of 1502
    mtbr member
    After a super rainy weekend the past two days have been great. Got out for a nice ride on Dixie Mtn which is just outside of Portland and is a great stretch of gravel road climbing from Scappoose up to Skyline. A perfect ride for the CC with Knards which seem to excel on rides like this, likely mainly from their large volume. After the ride I dropped off the bike at the shop to get the new CC fork put on it. This give me a tad more stack height and I'll be able to use racks.

It's a funny thing but I'm back to thinking of my CC as my grail bike as opposed to my LHT which lately has just felt sluggish and plodding in a way that seems to annoy me. While I've thought of adding in a Straggler next year, I'm leaning more towards adding a second CC frame which I can set-up with parts I have laying around. I have a strong desire to have a SS in the quiver. I have a really nice wheel (Mavic 319, Surly Free/Fixed hub) waiting to be put to use. We'll see.
    All good expeditions should be simple in concept, difficult in their execution and satisfying to remember--Alastair Humphreys

A God Without A Name
    Straggler really sits dead in the middle of the two bikes. I've considered getting a Cross-Check.

Straggler is... well... It's my bike for Long..... Hauls. wide range gears, big fat tires, monster rims, mustache bar with zero saddle to bar drop. mega rack on the fork.

I want the CC for faster, funner rides. 32c tires, standard road gearing. maybe try drops again. but probably a zero rise flat bar with some saddle to bar drop. zero cargo.

I just find the CC to be a funner bike.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Members who have read this thread: 120