Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    ^^Just noticed quill stem and threaded headset.^^
    What year?

I <3 dirt
    98 or 99....I forget I've owned it quite a while lol. It's reynolds 631 so whenever that was.
    WHY ARE YOU YELLING??!1

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Never seen one that didn't have down-tube shifter bosses either... and I've had access to QBP catalogs since about 98...

I <3 dirt
    No clue. I've been riding this thing since I was 16 and everything came from QBP as I worked at a shop.
    WHY ARE YOU YELLING??!1

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Since winter isn't coming this year, still riding.

mtbr member
    Sorry for the shadowy pictures, but here's my latest build. It's my errand runner, child puller, everyday riding kind of bike--the bike I ride most (which isn't much, lately).

I'm really happy so far with the front bag. Very convenient loading and unloading, and when I pull my son on his tagalong bike, it won't interfere with that attachment the way a rear bag does. I'll need to figure something out for maps for overnighter trips, though.

Next mod: converting the 11-34 9 speed rear cassette to an 11-34 8 speed cassette I just picked up. 8 speed makes for easier shifting with a friction thumb shifter.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

mtbr member

Off-Road Baguette Fetchín

First time Iíve mounted the Baguette-Holster on the Cross-Check. Normally itís bungeed on a rack or front basket but it worked a treat up on the hoods.

Drop-Bar Bicycle-Baguette-Holster

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by brdpkns View Post
    [IMG]
    Hi brdpkns, I love the different incarnations of your Cross Check. How do you like it with moustache bars thus far?

Marcin

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by marcinski View Post
    Hi brdpkns, I love the different incarnations of your Cross Check. How do you like it with moustache bars thus far?

Marcin
    Thanks! I had the mustache bars sitting in the garage from a different build and decided to throw them on to see how they felt. I don't think I'll be doing any tours or single track on them, but they're great for cruising / commuting.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brdpkns View Post
    Thanks! I had the mustache bars sitting in the garage from a different build and decided to throw them on to see how they felt. I don't think I'll be doing any tours or single track on them, but they're great for cruising / commuting.
    I thought about mustache bars for my CC but need a bar that works for all types of terrain. Do your hands slide forward when riding rough-downhill/singletrack?

My Cross Check. Bought it in November and have managed a few rides due to a mild Michigan winter. All stock besides the fenders but this thread has provided some great inspiration for upgrade ideas. I'm starting with different bars, a Brooks saddle and matching bar tape. This is a very fun bike. I love my mountain bike but this is all kinds of fun to ride.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jesusburger View Post
    First time Iíve mounted the Baguette-Holster on the Cross-Check. Normally itís bungeed on a rack or front basket but it worked a treat up on the hoods.

That's hilariously awesome. I used to carry around a cardboard tube for documents and whatnot, but I never thought to carry bread.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jesusburger View Post

Looks great! My frameset should be shipping out within the next few days I hope! What kind of bell is that and could you show a closeup?

Can wait to get mine built!

current parts list in the mail:
    56 CC in black w/
    CK headset in silver
    Silver headset spacers
    CK SS bottle cages
    seat post bracket

Already have:
    White ENO Crankset w/ 32T in black (wish it was silver)
    kmc 3/32 chain - 8 speed
    brake cable set
    ss hub spacer kit
    18T surly cog
    CF seat post (will probably get a alum post later on)
    saddle from older bike
    spd pedals

Need to order:
    mtn 29er wheelset - still contemplating which?
    stem & bars (can use some risers I havein the bin if necessary)
    brakes - Tektro pulls, with mini v-brakes I think
    Tires - panaracer fire cross I think
    tubes (first 700C)