mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Convert Ogre to bottom pull front derailleur

Upon getting my complete Ogre I realized that the top pull front derailleur cable runs very close to the back tire because it lifts off the seat post so far. This is going to make it hard to put on my Cascadia fenders. I believe that the "Shimano Deore, Model 590. 28.6mm. Top pull" listed in the Surly complete kit is actually a dual pull derailleur (looks like one anyway). The only problem I am running into now is how to route the cable under the BB. Any ideas or photos of your bottom pulls on an Ogre?

Did I catch a niner?
    Dirty Disco
    Talk to this guy about his adapter. It looks like that der is actually dual pull it should have a rocker to show that it is dual pull.
    Mr. Krabs: Is it true, Squidward? Is it hilarious?
    https://www.dollarshaveclub.com/ref/...A0CC/s/tx/cx/1

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I have a new KM with the same fenders and the cable clears, it's close, but it clears. I'm not sure if your derailleur would make a difference but i have a sram x7. Have you tried to put the fenders on yet? You will probably need some monkey nuts to scoot the wheel back, depending on how big your tires are. Making it bottom pull would be too much of a hassle for me. You could cut a small notch into the fender where the cable runs pretty easily. That would probably be the simplest solution and wouldn't really have any effect on the fender.

"Ride Lots" Eddy Merckx
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuyNamedMatt View Post
    Top pull" listed in the Surly complete kit is actually a dual pull derailleur (looks like one anyway).
    Unless something has changed all Shimano mtb FD are dual pull.

When in doubt check w/ Problem Solvers

Problem Solvers
    "Big Gulps huh?...Allllriggghhht....Welp, See ya later!"

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I have not tried the fenders yet but after looking around I have seen that a few people managed to fit them on. I think having the 16" frame tightened things up a bit too. Good idea with the monkey nuts ill give it a try thanks for the replies.