mtbr member

Conundrum owners, unite!

I know there aren't many of us out there, but if you got it, POST IT!
    Pics & specs!
    Conundrum owners, unite!-image.jpg
    Munis are yummy turtle food!

Learning to ride in the hallway.

Outside!

Specs:
    2010 24" Surly Conundrum in pearl grey.
    24" Large Marge rim laced to Kris Holm Moment hub.
    150mm Kris Holm cranks.
    Eastern alloy platform sealed bearing pedals with screw in pins.
    Nokian Gazzalodi 24x3.0 tire.
    Velo unicycle seat.
    Alloy seatpost.
    Campagnolo seat clamp.

Stubby-legged
    Jun 2006
    Damn...wanted one...want one...still looking for one....

mtbr member
    Sun makes a unicycle that has a 20x4-1/4" tire. It's surprisingly easy to ride compared to a skinny tire uni. It's not a Surly...but it'll get you on a single fat tire.
    Mountain bikers who don't road ride have no legs...
    Road riders who don't mountain bike have no soul...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1spd1way View Post
    Damn...wanted one...want one...still looking for one....
    This uni is currently produced/sold through unicycle.com. Can take fatties and looks like knard/rabbit hole.

mtbr member
    Ah, the Nimbus Oregon! Yes, very similar. The cool thing about the Oregon that it has a lockable frame design so you can commute/run errands or do bar crawls with it and potentially lock it up to a solid object.
    When I was looking to learn to muni, the hardest decision was to go 24 or 26 fat? Since I am all of 5'3" and had never ridden a uni before, I was steered towards the 24 as being a better sized ride for me. But I took to it like I take to most pedal things and was riding miles within a month. I find that it is geared too much towards spinning with the 24" wheel and 150mm cranks. I have looked at internal geared Schlumph hubs($1800 for 2 gears) or switching out to 125mm/150mm dual position cranks($150) so that I can ride it farther on the paved trails but switch back to more spin for offroad.
    So I think the size of the wheel is correct for me, just the cranks or gearing needs changed. But I love it otherwise.

mtbr member

Smile A Ti Conundrum

Well 1st off a Fat tyre Muni (Mountain Unicycle) is harder to lean to ride on then a STD Muni 26"/24" x 2.5" or 3" tyre.
    I started riding Muni in 2004 (an stopped in 2011 but still ride from time to time) My last Muni was a Custom Designed (By Me) and build for me by Triton with 2 speed geared Hub!
    I missed out on the last Conundrum Frame by a few months it was a sorry news day

Well there is some good news in that you can still get a Conundrum today but not in Steel! Triton make a Triton triple muni frame and its very cool, very well made, and you can run it with a 24" or a 26" or a 29" wheel all in the same frame (fork) here are a few photo's of the Triton

Conundrum owners, unite!-triton-rim-3-1.jpg

Conundrum owners, unite!-triton-jogi-24-29-2_resize.jpg

Please Note: that Fat Tyre Frame's are wide and you will hit you legs on the frame legs.

Pete

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Yo!

I am a lover of the Conundrum - I ride a 26" but have a 24" still in the box. here is a pic of the 26" Surly Conundrum | Flickr - Photo Sharing! . I also ride a Kris Holm 29er off road which is close - but not as much fun as bouncing over obstacles.

mtbr member
    There was one used at my community bike shop for the longest time. I thought it would be silly to buy it then when I passed a unicycle tourist on my summer tour in Napa I said to myself, hell I'll get it and worse comes to worse I just sell it. I came back from tour and it was bought the week before! NOOOOO!!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    I might part with the 24" it is black and has a 24" large Marge rim (unbuilt). It could be built with a 26" rim and used with a regular atb tire as well. Shoot me an offer if you want. I am needing a road / cross bike to supplement my Vaya - if you have a Chili Con Crosso or a Cross Check we could certainly work something out (I would obviously add $)