Monkey Junkie
    Aug 2009

Commuter/trail tires for KM

I wanted to post this here because the 29er forum gets tons of tire threads. I'm just curious to what anyone is running for both commuting and trail riding on their KM. I have 2.35 big apples which are fun, but not good enough on trails. Thinking of moving them along and replacing them. I'm thinking Nano's, Vulpine's or something similar. Tried Geax AKA's and SB8's but they puncture easily in my experience. Wondering if there's something reasonably priced and fast rolling that I'm missing.

My commute: 2-9 miles one way depending on the day.

Trails: hard packed sandy soil, lots of pine needles and roots.

Price: hopefully not over $35 each.

Oji
    Jun 2008
    I commute nine miles one way on a Niner MCR over paved path, back streets, gravel, and a little bit of dirt including roots. Nanorapter on the back, Vulpine on the front (rigid Exotic carbon fork). Works well in all situations.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Schwalbe Mondial comes to mind, but not at that price, unfortunately.

mtbr member
    Another vote for Nano's. They are a very good all around tire. Specialized Fast Trak's are also good all around tires. Have you checked the classifieds? Many tires available at great prices over there.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    CycleAddict I have great success with tires like the SB8, I use tubes with schrader valves and put a couple of ounces of Stan's Sealant in them. I rarely get flats.