Atreidies
    Aug 2012

Changing from BB7s to hydraulic brakes?

Hello forum people. I want to put my xt hydraulic brakes onto my Karate Monkey but the brake guides are set up for exposed cable across the top of the top tube. My question: is there a double clip that slots into the cable guide and allows the hydraulic cable to clip in next to it? If so, how do I get some? Hope this makes sense.

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisj1 View Post
    Hello forum people. I want to put my xt hydraulic brakes onto my Karate Monkey but the brake guides are set up for exposed cable across the top of the top tube. My question: is there a double clip that slots into the cable guide and allows the hydraulic cable to clip in next to it? If so, how do I get some? Hope this makes sense.
    I believe a few manufacturers offers what you need, like Jagwire, Problem Solver or Wheelmfg.

Look around
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

mtbr member
    Jul 2003
    Here's what you are looking for, Universal Cycles -- Jagwire Hydro Universal Cable Guide . Problem Solvers also make similar product, however they use a friction fit type system for retaining the brake line rather than a clamp like the Jagwire system. The Jagwire system is simply more secure once tightened in place.

Good Dirt
    "I do whatever my Rice Cripsies tell me to!"

Atreidies
    Aug 2012

Good job!

Thank you Squash and David C. I'll follow up your leads and hope for a good outcome. Cheers.

mtbr member
    What's wrong with zip ties? That's what I use, that's what comes stock on many bikes.

Atreidies
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch rides a SS View Post
    What's wrong with zip ties? That's what I use, that's what comes stock on many bikes.
    I hear ya. Definitely an option.Scared I'm gonna come a cropper and have a cable guide gouge a chunk of flesh out of me. Probably ridiculous I know but having something in the guide that also secures the hydraulic line sounds good to me.