mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Anyone runnin a Traitor fork?

Anyone running a Traitor Cycles claymore or ruben fork on their cross check?
    ::T R A I T O R C Y C L E S::
    Or anything with a similar 386mm A2C length? If so how's it feel compared to the 400mm A2C on the surly fork? considering slightly racier fork options for a build i'm doing for my wife this winter.
    Thanks.
    -Luke-

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I don't know anything about the fork, but the website looks just like Transition bikes one, so I looked a bit deeper and it run by one of the guys from Transition! Didn't know that! Good looking bikes

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    yeah Kevin from transition is half owner, they share facilities in washington, I just discovered this recently as well. And though my cross check is less than 6 months old I can't help but drool over Traitor's disc specific Ruben. I could also see building a dedicated road ride on their lovely lugged Exile frameset.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I wonder if they are going to sell the disc trucker fork separate. To me that would be an easy switch.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pastpost View Post
    I wonder if they are going to sell the disc trucker fork separate. To me that would be an easy switch.
    I was thinking the same thing . So i guess no one on here is running less than 400mm A2C on a cross check? I figured at the very least some of the various carbon forks some guys are running were shorter. Lets try this then, can anyone recommend a lighter/racier reasonably priced steel fork for the cross check? I'm running the standard fork but am going to be building up another CC for my wife this winter and am really interested in saving some weight in the fork department for when she actually wants to race it (will also be serving light touring,singletrack and winter training duties)

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    There is All City nature boy fork that is 395mm A-C so should be ok. I think it looks really nice, don't know if it's much lighter though.

Edit: It's 1084g uncut vs 1000g for stock cross check fork so it's heavier, sorry

Marcin

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Yeah already looked at the all city nature boy fork and was bummed it wasn't lighter.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lukehooligan View Post
    yeah Kevin from transition is half owner, they share facilities in washington, I just discovered this recently as well. And though my cross check is less than 6 months old I can't help but drool over Traitor's disc specific Ruben. I could also see building a dedicated road ride on their lovely lugged Exile frameset.
    The Exile's on sale right now.

I got a demo built up exile from them a couple weeks ago and I am thrilled, but haven't yet taken it for a serious workout. Not sure when I might; there are still flashes of skinny-tire weather but they haven't corresponded to free time, sadly. But when it comes, I'll be ready!

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Ive fitted a LHT fork to my crosscheck (bent the CC fork and had the LHT fork already). The LHT fork is 390mm, so a 10mm drop. Not noticed any difference yet.

Did I catch a niner?
    Nashbar Carbon Mountain Bike Fork - Normal Shipping Ground
    This has a 385 A to C and if it came in a 1in I would be all over it for an old project.

Nashbar Carbon Cyclocross Fork - Normal Shipping Ground
    I have no idea the A to C on this fork but I understand it's a Winwood Muddycross fork.
    Mr. Krabs: Is it true, Squidward? Is it hilarious?
    https://www.dollarshaveclub.com/ref/...A0CC/s/tx/cx/1