mtbr member
    Apr 2006

anyone know where i can find a 1 1/8" threadless stem, that's 140mm, in silver?

I just put Albatross bars on my LHT and I think I need a longer stem to accomodate the bars better, they're too close to me I think.

My problem is, my stock stem is 110mm, so a longer stem is really hard to find. I'm going insane trying to find one

May 2009
    Thomson.

Or not. I just looked 130 is it.

Sorry.
    MUD

My weiner is 10.5".....Oh wait...I'm holding this ruler backward.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Thanks guys- the Forge is 1", and I did see the Zoom wondering about the clamp diameter.

I did find that SJS Cycles in the UK has a Thorn 135mm stem which might work, just wondering about shipping, and I also found a 135mm from some company called Pyramid. But they again don't list the clamp diameter.

I am by no means a parts snob, but is it a safe thing to buy an unknown cheapo brand? Granted, the stem on the LHT now is from Kalloy and it's absolutely fine, but I know they do a lot of OEM parts stuff

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=230358161289

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/thorn-fro...s&currency=usd

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Doh, sorry. I didn't sift down far enough in that add to see the steer tube clamp size being 1".

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    No problem, thanks anyway! I ended up going with the one from SJS, should hopefully not take more than a week or two to get here.