I do what I want

2012 KM rear rotor size (follow up)

I wanted to post a follow up to my previous post Issue - 2012 KM rear brake woes - just a heads up , to let everyone know and possibly save any new KM owners some headache that running a 180mm rotor is not worth the hassle and just go with a 160mm.

I know some of you are going to say "nanana told you so" , well all I have to say to you is STHU. I will admit, in hindsight, I probably shouldve listened, but sometimes a person has got to do what they want and learn the hard way.

What led me to my enlightened state was trying to convert my geared KM (which the 180 rotor worked great on when you used the supplied monkey nuts) to a singlespeed. Because as I have determined, by my own trial and error, multiple current KM owners telling me so and surlys own comments, what everyone else seemed to know all along is that the KM was never designed to run a rotor larger than 160mm. With the 180 installed, trying to find the correct placement for the brake caliper and chain tension was a much more tedious task than any cyclist should have to go through to enjoy riding his/her bike. So I dumped the whole idea in favor of simplicity, which is after all what a rigid 1x1 bike is all about.

Thanks for your time, now go ride your bike.
    Guy.Ford

I'm not really an @sshole, I just act like one online.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you sorted out something that works.