Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1x1 650b tires

5K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  rusheleven 
#1 ·
does anyone have a list of 650b tires that will fit in a 1x1 frame and fork with some clearance to boot. thanks.

#12 ·
I'm around 9 months or so in with these wheels/tires. Upgraded from some 26x2.3 continentals.

Big upgrade for XC conditions that are really rocky and rough. Almost as smooth as my 29er (KM) was but much more maneuverable.

The tires have 600 miles on them off road and a decent amount of time spent cruising around the neighborhood/commuting as well (they are painfully slow on pavement). They are starting to fall apart. Missing one knob on the rear and the rest are getting quite chewed up. Maybe 5 flats or so since I put them on. (I'm running tubes though these are tubeless compatible.) All of the flats have been from thorns.

The tires seem to roll fairly fast and hook up fantastic on climbs and corners. They are heavy though. I believe that I weighed them in the 900g range apiece.

Overall I think I made a good purchase and have been happy with the tires. When I got them they were the fattest 27.5 tires available and for the price they are fantastic.

When they finally bite the dust I'll get something else because I like to play with options, not because they sucked!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.