bhc
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005

15,000 Cross Check miles

Back in September of 2009 I mentioned that my Cross Check went past the 10,000 mile mark. Today I passed the 15,000 mile mark. Still aiming for 25,000 miles as I said in the previous mileage thread. Since moving to Minnesota last spring, this was the first winter that the Cross Check stayed put as I took an old Trek 930 out in the slop.

Any one else have some 5 figured mileage totals to chime in with?

mtbr member
    that is impressive, are most of those miles commuting??do you have a picture are the lucky cross check?
    A person who never made a mistake,
    never tried anything new..... Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    I'm not sure of the mileage but my CC is over 5 yrs old and been used more consistently than any of my other bikes. For the past 2yrs it's been my daily commuter but now it's set up as my "all-road road bike". 80 miles yesterday with another 80 or so on tap for today.
    All good expeditions should be simple in concept, difficult in their execution and satisfying to remember--Alastair Humphreys

bhc
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Some commuting when I lived in Arizona. But also used it on some dirt rides out that way. Along with some great road riding. Just switched wheels / tires around for the differing terrains. Now my office is at home, and it is used for riding the country roads around these parts.

Here is a pic from a couple of years ago finishing the 11 mile climb with about 3000' elevation gain.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 15,000 Cross Check miles-union-pass.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I got my LHT up to 9900 when I finished my CC build 3 yrs ago, now it's only at 10,200. But it's the only bike I have w/ a computer so I don't know what the others are at.

mtbr member
    I've considered putting a computer on my check, but I dont want to get caught up in looking at it all the time. Maybe I'll get one of those wireless situations and put the display thing in the saddle bag so I dont have to see it.