mtbr member
    Jul 2010

'11 KM Frameset Availability

I'm searching online for a dealer with 18" black 2011 KM framesets available. No joy though.

My LBS looked at me like I was nuts. "Why would you want to buy a frame and components separately? Don't you know that's expensive?" When I explained the complete bike wasn't quite what I wanted, they were perplexed, "Why not pick a different brand and just buy an off-the-shelf complete bike?" they said. I was flummoxed. Didn't they want my business?

Anyway, anyone able to point me to an online source with these frames in stock?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Looks like it's time to find a new LBS.

The distributor (QBP) is out of stock, but you might find a shop with one in stock. My guess is most online retailers don't actually stock these since turn around time from Q is so quick.

They should be back in stock at Q in 2 weeks.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Yeah, I've had other head-scratcher situations at that same LBS. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of options near where I live, which is why I'm looking on-line now.

Thanks for the feedback on QBP and back-order times.

get down!
    Try Speedgoat.com they are on sale there right now
    Rudy Projects look ridiculous

visit my blog, BEATS, BIKES & LIFE

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Probably too late in replying, but I just ordered a frameset from one of Surly's beard guy dealers and he said that all the 11 KM frames were gone until July except for 5 16" (it was 6, but I'm getting one) and a couple of 22". Unless you've got someone (like speegoat) that has one in a warehouse, it'll be used or July.

Sorry!