Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

how to charge forerunner 110 while recording

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Harold 
#1 ·
it lasts 6-7 hrs of recording. i will be doing couple of long rides which will be over 8 hrs. i have portable battery but as soon as i plug it in, forerunner stops recording and starts charging. tried with several different power sources including laptop with same result. seems pretty stupid from garmin to make it this way? am i missing something? is there a way around?

#3 ·
so i called my buddy yesterday to see if his unit is the same way. he has forerunner 410. when he plugs his portable battery, he gets charging screen but unit keeps recording. so this makes me wander, do i have faulty unit or is this design flaw on 110 line? i dont really want/need to buy bigger unit, the functions on 110 is all i need. 410 might be the way to go if i cant make 110 to work, as it is about same size.

#4 ·
different models offer different functionality. Buy a more basic model, get fewer features. Ask Garmin if yours is operating correctly.

My 310XT cannot record while charging. The charger interface is impractical for that, anyway. Not that I care that much. It has longer battery life than what you are experiencing, so I have a good bit of battery left even after 7hr rides. I can use my Oregon if I need more than the Forerunner offers me, as it has user replaceable batteries. I can just swap them in the field if I need.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.