Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

what size in bianchi frames?

4K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  32seventeen 
#1 ·
i'm interested in getting a used ss. i am 5'11" with about a 32" inseam in bare feet. what size frame should i be looking at? i was thinking about 18.5" maybe 19" but i don't know.
thanks in advance

#3 ·
I've got one

I'll sell you my frame if you're interested. It's a 19". I want a Santa Cruz Chameloen so I can have the gear option. Hit me with an e-mail if you're interested.
Rob

warmseth said:
i'm interested in getting a used ss. i am 5'11" with about a 32" inseam in bare feet. what size frame should i be looking at? i was thinking about 18.5" maybe 19" but i don't know.
thanks in advance

#6 ·

warmseth said:
thanks in advance
I am about 6 foot and ride a 19.5" CUSS. It's a little small, so it should be just right for you. They dont come in all that many sizes. From 19.5 they go down to 17.5, which I think would be too small. And the 21.5 too big.

#7 ·
jh_on_the_cape said:
From 19.5 they go down to 17.5, which I think would be too small. And the 21.5 too big.
i have seen used bikes that claim they are 18.5. is that a mistake or maybe just a different model of theirs is offered in different sizes?

also, if i am a 19 in a bianchi frame do you think i'd be approximately a 19 in other frames?

#10 ·
warmseth said:
thanks in advance
yup, i'm the same.....5'11" / 32"inseam and i ride
a 19.5 2003 SISS. that size fits "poifectly"

on most "standard" frames i ride an 18.5", but like i said,
the bianchi fits.

#11 ·
warmseth said:
thanks in advance
I have owned both a 17.5 BUSS and a 19.5 SISS. I am 6' with a 33" inseam and I thought that both of these frames fit me fine. So, I guess what I am trying to say is that frame size can be a matter of personal preference. If you normally like to ride a smaller frame, go with the 17.5 or if you like your frames on the larger side, go with the 19.5. Best bet would be to find one of each size and try them on for fit and see what you like best. I know this probably did not help you much. Sorry.

#12 ·
I had a 19.5" DISS..

when I was sizing my DISS, I went off of top tube length (22.9"). The 19.5 was the closest fit, but it was taller than I would have liked. My DISS was 19.5" Center to top of the collar, and 18" C to C. I am 5'-11" with a 33" inseam....for reference. The next size down (17.5") would have been way too short in the top tube.The Bianchi's all have fairly short top tubes, so my option was: get a taller frame, or run a long stem. In the end I just replaced the frame with a two circles. I loved the DISS, but I was just not happy with the fit. Hope this helps.

warmseth said:
thanks in advance

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.